1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This seems to be a common issue with the arcade but no one knows all the exact cause(s) why it happens. A few general pointers on how to avoid it are:

• Tick the "Remember me" box when you log in
    • Don't use the refresh or back buttons in your browser to start a new game
    • Only play 1 game at a time (don't have more than 1 game open in browser tabs)
    Aside from the notice you mentioned, do you see any other errors when this happens?

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No, that was the only message I received. However, it is possible that I would have used the back button, rather than using the link. I guess that'd explain why it decided not to allow some scores.

3. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :evil::evil::evil:

Anyway, would be nice if there were more strategy-based games and less grinding or twitch games.

4. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

hey tal how long does the tic-tac-toe go on? i'm at 150 games & no end in sight.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can finish it at any time by clicking on the "tic-tac-toe" title on top of the game area.

6. martaug Gems: 23/31

thanks didn't think to do that:doh:

7. Taluntain

Media:
    It's not exactly obvious, took me a while to figure it out too.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think Tic-Tac-Toe should go. The machine "AI" is not and it's really nothing more than a test of masochism to see how long you can keep slauthering the machine (except for the very rare tie). I figured I'd just go for 125 wins and the computer only tied me 16 times in that time period. Lame.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    That's probably on purpose, because otherwise the AI would always either tie or win... and that wouldn't be much fun to play.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    I've removed the 7up pinball since the flippers didn't work properly... you get 2 new games instead. :D

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It gets very difficult to take off without smashing into the rocks above as the gravity increases enough. It's not too bad landing, but not easy either.

Very repetitive though, yes.

12. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Damn you, that was my highscore! :D

To be honest, the other pinball isn't that great either, I suppose chances for Adams Family Gold are slim?

13. Taluntain

Media:
    There's a lot of junk to sort through with these games and good ones that work with our arcade aren't overly plentiful... but I'll keep looking.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Destroy All Humans has the wrong scoring. Is there a way to make the lower score better? Or maybe subtract the actual timer score from 10000 or somesuch? As it is it makes no sense. Whoever can sit around the longest not capturing humans is the leader.

Love the alien's cackle when he picks up a human though! Priceless! :lol:

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Fixed. ;) Time alone isn't the only thing impacting the score, apparently.

16. martaug Gems: 23/31

OK, who else thinks that BTA is spending WAY too much time in the arcade? 13 High Scores!!!!:jawdrop:

Can't we just award him Grand High Pubah:hippy: status & get it over with? He obviously is The Man when it comes to classic games.:clap:

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    BTA: Congrats on the bowling! :)
    I was wondering if you would get the perfect score by the time I got back from vacation... Bravo! :clap:

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Thanks! :) It's not easy to be that precise for what? 12 frames?

19. Taluntain

Media:
    I've just added 3 new games... have fun. ;)

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    How do you reload on office paintball?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.