1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which are you more excited for?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by reepnorp, Mar 16, 2012.

?

Which are you more looking forward to?

1. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I went ahead and voted when I had the realization that I am currently more looking forward to BGEE due to the fact that it's the first one that will be released.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I prefered BG1's story, exploration and scale of areas. BG2 was a bit of linear and casual-gamer-friendly. I'd be more interested in the BG1 version of this EE thing, but I'd have to see screenshots and actual descriptive updates about what's going to happen before I decide on bothering with it.

3. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Voted the 2nd version, but I'm actually equally excited for all of them. I only played the first Baldur's Gate half a year ago, which is more then 10 years after playing the 2nd game. I did play it with a substantial amount of mods, basically the BGT mod (which adapts the game to the BG2 engine), and therefore probably enjoyed it more, but still... It felt pretty low on content compared to the 2nd installment. But if they make a good efford, I'll probably enjoy it a lot this time.

@BA: I actually thought the 1st game was more 'linear', as BG2 at least offered us a change of scenery. But I guess that's what you mean by 'casual friendly'. :p

4. ushae Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I voted 2 since it was the one I felt had better characters, story and challenges. Irenicus was a once in a generation villain, unforgettable and there were many themes that made BG2 the best game I've played in quite a while such as kinship, rivalry and love to name a few.

That being said, I think the biggest impact will be felt by BGEE as it had a much more outdated look and feel to it.

I can't wait to see how the new characters look, I hope its not the crappy old paperdolls.

Those screenshots that will be released tomorrow will give us much more information.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

BG1 one all the way. Like stated above by many, I like the exploration aspect of an RPG, BG2 was cramped big-time. I like to travel and explore, finding the hidden items in a game. BG1 did a thorough job in that regard. But the problem for me is, if they keep it pure as possible, it won't be much of a challenge, because I already played thru the original a hundred times, so I need some added content or changes in the various areas to make a re-do worthwhile.

6. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Can't say I favour any of them over the other. Apart from the new content (likely minimal), I'm mostly looking forward to their effect on the community and the possible completely new game they mention ("bg3").

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Sitting at over 100 playthroughs (who knows, maybe close to 300) and currently getting ready to play through the BG series one more time in anticipation of the BG/BG2 EE releases :p

Is it telling that I've only played a class outside of paladin or fighter three times in these series?

8. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I play as a wizard, without fail :p.

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Damn. 100 playthroughs. Thats ALOT. I think I have only finished the game 5 times or so. Shame on me, I guess.

10. LordSoth79 Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone, so whats this about an Enhanced BG and BGII ???. This for real or a leg pulling.

Defo looking forward to this if its for real. Played BGII in 1920*1080 and in 3D to ill defo give it another good play through if we get an Enhanced version.

Is there a release date for any of these games.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Supposedly this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets pushed nearer to the end of the year.

12. Gafgorkion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Yeah, they have always said it would be done this summer, and remember summer actually goes until September 21 so there is still quite a bit of time left.

13. Arcane Gems: 1/31

BG1 definitely!
    - You didn't need some random character to mark a location on your map you could go anywhere you wanted (excluding bandit camp and cloakwood)
    - Had more interesting side quests (who doesn't remember ruffie and the demon)
    - Characters that joined your party were more interesting and humorous. The nutcase Tiax who for some reason could summon a ghast, no BG2 character could do that!
    - The paper dolls in BG1 were more realistic, BG2 leather made them look like they were on steroids.

I could go on but these are the more important points.

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Will we be able to play these on a pc? I thought they were only available on an iPad...

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pretty much all major platforms, PC and Mac included. I think the iPad is just the primary target audience, at least marketing-wise. If you search our news forums you'll find a ton of details on the enhanced editions.

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There's a news forum??!?!?!?? :thanks::tobattle::clap::rolling::grin::banana:

17. Taluntain

Media:
    I hope that was a joke, I really do...

18. Son of Imoen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, Sir Belisarius location is: "If there is a bright center of the universe, I'm in the city it's farthest from!", so yeah, not much news reaches that city at the edge of the universe, and by the time it get's there, it's old. For some old news: there's a vanilla version of Baldur's Gate and some people made mods for it ;) :smash:

19. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

If they allow you a choice to play either BG1 or BG2 like tutu or BGT does with a single .exe file that would make it so you did not have to chose and I wonder if they have permission to create a connecting arc between the 2 like BGT does.

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG2 I enjoyed both games and both can benenfit from updated graphics. I really liked ToB. I liked the interaction of the characters in BG2 more and I also feel that BG I was more linear. I played BG 2 a lot more than BG 1. BG 2 just appealed to me more. Seemed more intricate, more challenging.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.