1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help me with some Dwarven Limericks!

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Master of Nuhn, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm about to play a dwarven barbarian/battlerager (races of faerun prc) and pious templar of Hanseath, the dwarven deity of war, alcohol and carousal. :D
    For the battlerager prc you need 2 ranks in Perform (Sing) and Perform (any). I chose Comedy for the last, with a focus on limericks (and joketelling) Charisma is his dumpstat, though. :p

I want to come up with some limericks. I made some, but I need more. And because my English isn't as good as most of yours, rhyming becomes a bit difficult. I thought it might be a good idea (and fun) to ask you to make some limericks that dwarves might sing. So please let me hear what you got!

Here are the ones I made sofar:

There once was a Dark-elven bowman
    aiming at me for a moment
    I spat "Boy, you wish
    you had the stomach for this"
    as my axe opened up his abdomen.

There once was a dragon chromatic
    who was anything but ascetic.
    It came to our feast
    and drank like a beast,
    but compared to a dwarf it's pathetic!

In humanlands, the greatest brewers
    make ten kegs of beer, maybe fewer.
    Neither tasty, nor strong,
    that piss does belong
    with the rest of it, down in the sewers.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice!

How's this:

There once was a dwarf named Bombur
    Whose skull-cracking skills were unsure
    He took to the axe
    Excelled that's the facts
    Now skulls disappear from shoulders!

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A neighbor of mine shaved his beard
    Without it, he really looked weird
    His wife made him pay
    For a used face toupee
    But it made him look worse that we feared

My cousin’s a dwarf we call “Tiny”
    Who keeps his axe polished and shiny
    He’s shorter than most
    But at least he can boast
    That he head-butts his foes in the hiney

:p

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha!

A dwarf to a man may seem small
    It's true that they're really not tall
    But when orcs come on down
    From mounts to your town
    Who else would you want on the wall?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Master of Nuhn likes this.
  5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Haha! This is cool! As a dwarf would say: You guys rock! :)

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Dwarves are the greatest of fighters
    Peerless when fighting the blighters
    Their slaughter was good
    Dead stacked up like wood
    So please go get me a lighter

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A tankard of dark dwarven ale
    Will go to your head without fail
    Notwithstanding your height
    You could get in a fight
    And you’ll have your arse sitting in jail

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There's nothing like a fine dwarven lass
    Stout, strong, a nice beard, and quite crass
    So much like a man
    Cop a feel if you can
    Lest you wake with a pain in your.....

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

da orcs are grunts
    da goblins are runts
    da humans are weak
    da elves are freaks
    and our dwarf-maids have hairy cheeks!

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Dwarves, they do love them some beerage
    Their lust for it is without peerage
    They drink far and wide
    Wherever they abide
    Especially when trapped down in steerage

11. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

There once was a dwarf by the sea,
    who's head was barely up to my knee.
    I made fun of his height,
    and before I could fight
    he had cut me down like a tree.

12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Thanks guys! Those are great!

I made a sort of ballad-like song that my character would sing. Not really limericks, I think, cause the lines are longer. I'm quite content with it and I imagine it's sung on the melody of The Limerick Rake:

I am a fellow both crazy and bold,
    protected by armor worth thousands of gold.
    I'll never get wise,
    just because my demise
    will arive way before I get old.

I love me a hooker and skewers of pork
    after fighting off giants, hobgoblins and orcs.
    The guards of the keeps
    often find me asleep
    among bottles of liquor uncorked.

In bloodstained gear I spend many a night
    at the temple of Hanseath, right after my fights.
    I dance, laugh and cheer
    and I'm drinking my beer
    'till the rooster would herald the light.

Some day my heart stops to beat, but what gives?
    Men only fear death if they don't truly live.
    So when at last
    my own life comes to pass
    you might call it a blessing or gift.

Always remember my soul is at peace,
    'cause I know I'll be joining the ranks of Hanseath.
    Put my corpse on a pyre,
    then set me afire
    and honor my life with a feast.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  13. Splunge

Media:
    Nice! It works really well with the song, too. :)

14. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Thanks! To be honest, I kinda based it on this melody. I was wondering what the melodies of foreign limerick songs would sound like and stumbled upon this. Also, the theme is based on the (last) lyrics: honoring a scoundrel who loved life.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.