1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weak Fire Essence?!?!?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Sir Belisarius, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Is anyone else in this predicament? I have made tons of all other types of essences, but I have ZERO weak fire essences...Any suggestions on where to find them?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you have stronger fire essences, you can make weaker ones out of them by using the mortar and pestle on them.

Take one that's one step up from weak... glowing I think? Then use the mortar and pestle on it and it will become the next lower type.

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Ahhh! Brilliant!! I feel stupid now.

4. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Conversely, put two weaks on an alchemy bench and use the mortar and pestle on it and the two get combined into one stronger one.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I'm surprised that putting a more powerful essence on the workbench and using the mortar and pestle only yields one weaker essence - you'd think it would yield 2 (or more depending on the power level of the essence). Especially after reading Sir Fink's post above.

If 2 weaker essences combines to form one higher level essence, shouldn't 1 higher level essence yield 2 of the next lower level of essence? For example:

If 2 faint essences = 1 weak essence, shouldn't
    1 glowing essence = 2 weak essences?

Is my logic too simple?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You'd think so, but no. Also, you don't have to put the essences in the workbench to make the waeaker ones, you can do it from your inventory, just like creating essences from monster parts.

I checked last night and I have a ton of weak fire essences (a stack of 10, plus another partial stack of 6 or so). I think I got them from fire mephit hides from battles that I think are upcoming for you.

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Bah! Those mephits dropped no hides!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.