1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Screenshot of the Week Discussion

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jun 23, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not that many from this particular game, I don't :p

What I myself find a wee amusing about that play on words, is rather that he gives the gulp sound 'cus he's drinking a potion, but could might as well give the gulp sound 'cus all his mates are death, and he's badly wounded (the only reason as to why I ever managed to kill daveron was a lucky critical hit :p ).

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I'm sure that 10 foot pole comment screen has been posted before & I don't think they were comparing Quater Staff sizes :shake:

I think I remember something about loin-cloth in Hot-Shots but I may be :nuts:

3. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I thought the being sent to the Abyss with just a loincloth and a dagger was more of a Torment reference...

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, there's the "ten-foot rusty halberd" response to Portalbendarwinden back in BG1, but past that... :hmm:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To get out of the gaming world, I wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole is an old saying. Since we're all correct, I say we split the 5 points amongst us. Arifirh gets 2, Felinoid gets 2 and I get 1. Fair? :lol:

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

That's the reference? Ok, I just took the 10' pole thing in stride. LOL

How about this quote, "I wouldn't touch that with a ten meter cattleprod."

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, the good old ten foot pole. No adventurer should be without it.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Well, I took it as a Torment reference (and there are loads in IWD2), so I'd give Arifirh the points... But it was Tal's choice of caption, so I don't really have the authority. And far be it from me to disturb the status quo*. ;) I would have preferred: "Well, Baator was a piece of cake, so I don't know what you're worrying about..." as Torment sent you to Baator, not the Abyss. You could send your enemies to the Abyss, though, with the aid of the 9th-level spell Abyssal Fury, which was most entertaining. :evil:

* Indeed, if one were to disturb Status Quo, they might awaken from their after-dinner naps. And if that happens they might start recording music again... :aaa:

Best to let sleeping dad-rockers lie, methinks...

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Hehe. Didn't they reform earlier this year?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Arifirh gets the cookie. And I've looked through the SoTW archives and didn't see that one posted before, though I could have missed it.

11. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Funny - I always thought it as a reference to the 'wife' line. Guess I'm just twisted :p

12. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ooh, a cookie...

Thanks Tal :)

And the Abyss was indeed one of the few places TNO didn't get sent to - it must be on his list of things to do when he's done with the Blood War. Visit Grace's mum.

13. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"Where's Venger?"

... Alright, i may just be dense, but i don't get it. And why are some of their helmets on the ground?

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The pic is based on the DnD cartoon from the 80's:
    Check here: http://www.zaksrealm.net/The_Realm.html

(if you never saw this, you had no childhood :p )

Basically it was about six friends who were swallowed into another dimension, where a gnome wizard (called the Dungeon Master) gives them powers (aka classes) to fight evil.

Venger was the main bad guy in the series. If you have played BG2, you can see the pictures of the archer and the barbarian at the back of Ribald's shop.

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Oh!

I thought it was the D&D version of Arsnel :grin:

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ohhh so now I can finaly understand the joke. Okay...

18. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I got it right away.

:)

Loved that show!

19. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

That used to be my favorite Saturday morning cartoon.

Where's the mega-annoying little unicorn?

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Where exactly is this screen shot from though? The D&D cartoon picture in the Adventurers' Mart is the single coolest thing in BGII.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.