1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The ultimate build for a Kensai/Mage?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Ai Rayzor, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have never had to make more than 1 character for multi-player games. Please explain :confused:

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You, or someone else, need to come up with at least two PC characters to be in a multi-player game. You can make all six yourself if you want, start a multi-player game and add them all in and run the game. You lose out on the Bioware NPC's and their quests and interactions, but you sure can do it.

You can also run a true multi-player through some network with you and one or more other people adding in the PC's and also taking NPC's as well as long as you have open slots in the party.

3. polyblip Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

my original wisdom concern was that i'd annoy other players by needing absolutely everything identified for me.

hah, i finally rolled a total of 90 (enough for 15 wis). but the strength was only 18/22. costing me thac0... so i settled for less wis to have 18/98 strength and get on with the game.

EDIT: in hindsight; shoulda took the 15 wis regardless of strength. tome of strength takes you to 19 either way! (d'oh)

now she's dual wielding scimitars: nabbed wakizashi +1 and rashad talon early on. /drool. choppin up sword spiders before they can even touch my jaheira (-8 ac to missiles made the bandit camp a cakewalk, even at level 2)

now add in minsc with spider's bane and coran with dead shot.
    back to choppin! [=

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm guessing the NPCs can act as one of the 2?

I run a multi-player game with just myself.

5. Rexeos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Kensai/Mage save game

Hi,

More info about save game: Its from first part of Baldurs Gate. Played with XP Cap Remover. Its Kensai level 13 dualed to mage; Mage is level 9 with 226k of experience.

Its intened to be played with Staff of Magi. Points are given in to
    1) Kensai: Flail - 1, Quarterstaff - 5, Two Handed Weapon Style - 2
    2) Mage: Quarterstaff - 1, Dagger - 1

To get that character playable in BG2 just import from save game.

Enjoy.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9rukss

That save game is available for 30 days from last download.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If the kensai already had five pips in quarterstaves, you wasted that pip on the mage side.
    Instead, you should have taken the dagger prof and something else until you reactivate your kensai levels. Maybe invest in the 2-handed fighting since you can't take slings or darts so that when you get your quarterstaff prof back you're even better than before?

7. Loox Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If this file is still around I'd love to try it!

(The thread that won't die, I know)

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    It appears that the link no longer leads to the file. It probably wouldn't work anyway being that old. Especially if you are playing the EE version. Should be it's great :) It's like a new game to me. Makes my favorite game even better.
    Have you played before? A long time ago I'm guessing? If so welcome back! If not then welcome aboard!! Prepare yourself for a great adventure!!
    I'm the resident question maker but feel free to join in on that fun as well :banana:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.