1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone playing SW: The Old Republic?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Death Rabbit, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am. First (and hopefully last) MMO I've ever played. Having a lot of fun so far.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Ragusa is...

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I heard the levelling and the questing is excellent but that it is lacking somewhat in the end game.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    BTA, joa,
    I participated in the beta-testing and wanted to play but so far haven't. I enjoyed beta-testing greatly. The voice acting really makes for a distinct and very enjoyable atmosphere when playing. As for now, I have decided not to buy and not to play, mainly because of cost and time. First, the game is expensive. Secondly, I am currently working a lot, search for a new flat in a crowded market and will have to organise and move eventually. That is not a situation where I pay a premium for a game - in order to not have the time and calm to play it.

I already play a very entertaining MMO in LotRO, and have a good handle on my chars and enjoy a nice community in my kinship and on the server generally. I am loathe to abandon the investment in three high level chars. Raiding in LotRO is a lot of fun.

A good friend of mine has already grown somwhat disappointed with Old Republic, because he has not found a nice guild, and finds the crafting pretty senseless, and quests somewhat monotonous. That said, I will certainly play the 7 day test period.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Speaking of MMO'S.

I used to play Star Wars Galaxy. Which i found epic. On top of that I found some really decent RPG' Mates to adventure with.

But that fateful update that unlocked the premium classes to all and nerfed the rules, was a death blow to our gaming party.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is expensive, but I suspect I'll grow tired of it once I beat it and end my subscription. I don't get a sense of the uniqueness of any of the items I am finding, which is a big part of the draw of RPGs for me. Playing with live people is quite fun - as I'm an MMO noob - but I can see the rest of it getting old. I'll likely beat the game with my current character - the Jedi Guardian - and cancel my subscription for a while. When I get the urge to finish the Sith Juggernaut story, I'll start again and so on. Most of the class stories look appealing to me, and everything I loved about KoTOR 1 and 2 are not only present but improved. The voice acting and art style are both excellent.

Finding a guild has been tricky, and thus I've been looking for friends to hook up with. I was hoping to get a group going from here, but it looks like I'm the only one.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've been playing for a while, at first we were sharing an account with a friend but then he bowed out and I kept playing (and paying). Right now I've beat the campaign with a Jedi consular, and now level a bounty hunter and jedi guardian on another server.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.