1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Apologies for my Extended Absence

Hey, I just thought I'd leave a post to let everyone (or at least anyone who noticed I haven't been around) know that I am still alive and well, and hoping to return to regular posting, chatting and general merriment soon. I have had a great deal of RL crap recently, and I've also had an extended (and extended, and extended) illness but I am recovering nicely.

Not going into too much detail about my fantasy life (you know, that one with bills and jobs and stuff) but I've been under uber stress recently, so sorry if my absence has left you short staffed Tal, but don't give up on me yet!

I should be back in time for all the exciting news about SoZ (though by the date of release I may well be playing it as much as writing about it)

So hi to everyone that's missed me (and those who haven't, dammit!) and I'll be back on the ball in the near future. Love to all and their extended families (hey, I'm supposed to take them with water!? I thought smokable prescriptions were unlikely...)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry to here that you have had problems but glad to know you will be back with us. I have missed you especially in the FAI. My best wishes to you and hope you will be back with us soon.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sorry to hear about that Urith. Life seems to pile up things like that every now and then. Hope your back soon :)

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I'm sorry that you had troubles in RL, Uri, but very glad to hear that things are ok now.
    Hope to see you around SP soon. :)

Take care. (and have fun, too.)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good to hear from you again, here's hoping you come back soon!

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Good to hear you'll be back Uri! Hope things get well in RL.

7. Valen.Tine Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Spent many years as a DnD, White Wolf, and In Nomine tabletop gamer and a White Wolf LARP gamer and then spent a few years away from gaming.

I guess I consider myself to be stepping back into gaming once again and in the process found this place and so here I am.

Other non-tabletop and non-LARP multi-player games I've been active with are: Diablo II and Unreal Tournament 2004.

8. SirTwist Gems: 1/31

I'm not new to SP, but to the forums.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Welcome! :D

10. alexgodsman Gems: 1/31

Hello everybody, my name is alexander and im from argentina

Hello everybody, my name is alexander, i have 22 years old, and im from buenos aires Argentina. I love RPG game, i play them since i was 5 years old, and without understanding a single word of English. I played many games, specially the ones FRom Lord BRitish , as the Ultima Saga, or Savage empire, Ad also the games based on the core books od D&D, The black isle games, i love them, and also the new ones, such as The withcher, Oblivion, Gothic Saga and the NeverWinter nights 1 and 2, or Jade empire, also i love rpg games of PS, I have the complete serie of FF and i buy every rpg game of anime in the market.

Well thast all. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  11. Holk Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Hello :wavy icon:

Hello,

I am a huge fan of the Infinity Engine, and I have been playing the Forgotten Realms games since Baldur's Gate was released. This is one of the best sites for information, so I figured I'd join.

A few things about myself:
    -I love music, but I have very specific tastes in what I like. I also write a lot, and have been in a few pretty decent bands.
    -I think that the Infinity Engine is the best engine for CRPGs, so I guess I'm a bit of a fanboy in that respect. I'd be glad to have a friendly debate or two about it, though, because I'm very open-minded.
    -I read a lot of books, but like music, I'm kind of picky. Currently, I'm re-reading a lot of Vonnegut and Robbins.
    -I voted for Obama.
    -I have a very old computer, so there are a lot of games that I'd like to play, but can't. I know I should buy a new one, but I have a lot of memories with this old machine.
    -I'm a Mental Health Worker at a RTF, and I work with kids that have histories of abuse and behavioral problems. I love it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope you'll have me.

Cheers~

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, definitely, I hope you'll feel at home here. Welcome!

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hello and welcome :)

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Hello and welcome, Holk. :)

15. Pazzoberserk Gems: 1/31

Hi, i'm a bg-iwd-nwn addicted :rolleyes: like everyone else here, i think.

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Hello Pazzo! Your addiction will feel right at home here :D

17. Nordom Gems: 1/31

Hi

15 posts?! i wanna post in forum D:

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Welcome, you can post in all forums, you just need 15 posts before you can start your blog or respond on your visitor messages page.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Someone's gotta maintain the good ol' traditions...

/slaps all newbs with a small whale

20. dannidenvermint Gems: 1/31

great site! keep it up!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.