1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We welcome and encourage user activity and starting new threads is the first step... so if you've got something on your mind that isn't covered in the existing threads already, don't be shy to start a new one. The boards are here to be used.

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    On a related note, are a significant number of members here in the Eastern time zone (or NAEST if you prefer), by any chance? I notice that around 10:00 a.m. Eastern time, the floodgates usually open with posts and activity here at the BoMb. I sort of assume that's because everyone has arrived at work and commenced goofing off. :D

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't pay that much attention to the busy times, I notice the lulls more... it seems that activity pretty much dies after midnight my time (GMT+1), with the time of least activity being around 6-9 in the morning my time.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'd be on a lot more often if my wife didn't have this thing about me being on the computer all the time. All things considered, it's better to keep her happy than to post! I learn and remember my lessons!

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was gone on business for T3V2's birthday yesterday -- sucked.

It's my b-day today -- sucks.

My wife is again two decades younger than me -- awesome.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Happy B-day Bruno (cradle-robber).

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Been given the rate elbow of doom tonight by a girl I really like. Ah well, win some lose some! Methinks she was a bit of an attention ***** anyway....

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Every time I consider getting reacquainted with the scotch side of my family... something on Facebook gives me pause... this time one of my cousins getting the word "minge" tattooed on her foot... because it's her nickname.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    There's a lass on my Facebook who has a made up middle name down as 'headbutt', which i think is hilarious, especially if you see the girl.

I keep her on for comic effect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

11. Taluntain

Media:
    So how's Tapatalk working out?

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    A lot better than using a full browser. No more painful zooming in and out.

13. Taluntain

Media:
  14. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I am flabbergasted. I have a house mate who does not believe that genetics has a large influence on one's health while adamantly believing that walking on cold tiles barefooted is very very bad for you. I am :bang: trying to convince her otherwise. The biologist in me is crying tears of frustration.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Heh, I have one who believes that we, on average, only use 10% of our brains. He does perhaps ;)

16. Faye

Media:
    Well, this is not the first time I had this debate with her. The reason why I am so annoyed this time is because we were watching the news and this man was talking about being worried that he is a candidate for prostate cancer and she laughed out loud. I said that prostate cancer is a serious problem and she makes her ridiculous claim that people put too much faith in genetics. Being an immunologist by trade, I could not let this stand and tried to convince her that genetics plays a huge role in human health. I cited the Brca1 gene and how women with this mutation choose to carry out eclectic surgery to remove their breasts even before they are diagnosed with cancer due to their risk in getting it. And she just says "Thats crazy!". At that point, I wringed my hands and filed her in the lost cause bin.

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    What is her opinion about evolution then?

18. Faye

Media:
    No idea, but I dare not ask.

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Perhaps it is all planned by a super being?

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is crazy to remove a body part before there is any issue with it. Cancer can be found early, there is no need to remove body parts before cancer is detected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.