1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tapatalk Now Supported!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You mean the chat app in the bottom left corner? Is that the current version of the FAI now or are there still other active channels?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, Tapatalk has nothing to do with the corer chat app. Tapatalk is basically a light skin-app for smartphones. The chat app is the replacement for the IRC channels. That reminds me I need to update the chatroom pages to reflect this change.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Using tapatalk to post this. Although why I would be accessing the forums while in the office I couldn't imagine

5. Taluntain

Media:
    Updated to latest Tapatalk version!

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Updated again - SPS account holders will now see no ads on Tapatalk.

7. Taluntain

Media:
    I've done the last TapaTalk update today on these forums due to a security warning that's popped up. I'm not sure yet if we'll be using TapaTalk with XenForo at all since it is fully responsive, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Here's a question. In the notification's tab in Tapatalk I have notices of two private messages and 1 subscription update. I have clicked on them and read them, but I can't figure out how to delete the notifications. Does anyone know?

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Hm, I would assume this would happen automatically... have you tried reading them again?

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, It makes no sense, there must be a way to delete.

11. Taluntain

Media:
  12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Seriously!!?? By month? What century do these people live in?

The Great Snook likes this.
  13. Taluntain

Media:
    We likely won't be using Tapatalk on the new forums at all since the new layout should be fully responsive.

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Tal, mystery solved. I was correct, it is stupid.

15. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In the good old times [TM] where gentlemen exchanged handwritten letters transported by the ceaselessly working people of the yellow post service :square: and their carriages speeding through the lands with 1 to 4 horsepower (unless in case of ehm, accidents :deadhorse: ).

A time so unlike nowadays where I meet more and more people whose phone is smarter than they are :doh:

Taluntain likes this.
  16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    So with Tapatalk no longer working on this site, is there an app that you recommend we use to access it. I would hate to use a phone's browser.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    XF's theme is natively responsive so it should work fine in all mobile browsers, but it doesn't come with push notifications like Tapatalk did. So one solution would be to additionally implement push notifications ala Tapatalk, or go with Tapatalk again, which is a native mobile app.

There are quite a few problems with Tapatalk, on the user end perhaps most notably that no additional forum functions that we have, such as the gallery or downloads, are supported. So you basically only get shown what Tapatalk supports, which is the core forum experience only. Any additional mods that I'll be installing won't show up in Tapatalk either.

So right now both mobile options are a kind of compromise in terms of either accessible forum features or available app features. But I'm not dead set against using Tapatalk again as long as people feel that it offers a better user experience. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about what the browser experience is like for you too, though.

18. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Personally, I liked used Tapatalk. I wouldn't use any of the other features on a phone anyway. However, if I was on the road and away from a computer, being able to read and respond to threads easily has its advantages. Yes, the site scales on mobile, but even with an iPhone 6 I consider that too small and then I have to expand the screen and move all around to read things.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Fair enough. I'll add Tapatalk back shortly.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Ok, posting from Tapatalk so we should be all set now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.