1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Screenshot of the Week Discussion

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jun 23, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Hey Tal. How about sticking a link here to the SotW as and when you put up a new one.

link

[ September 02, 2005, 16:56: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Hey Shrikant, how about shortening that link so the whole page can be viewed without scrolling from side to side (good idea, BTW)? ;)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The link is already in the first post in this thread. And since the screenshot is changed on a weekly schedule (every Wednesday evening), I don't really think it's necessary for me to point this out here every week. Also, UBB doesn't like the long url format of the screenshot links for some reason, so it can't be made into a managable link short of linking to the thumbnail (which is what I've done above).

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

'This is a book'

That is awesome. :lol: I almost got busted because I laughed out loud while I was supposed to be working.

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

*headdesk* Using the Greek alphabet? Here I was, trying to figure out what it said in Greek. :o Now I know I was in Greece too long. :rolleyes:

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

:D

Do you find this in a section of the game, or is this a mod?

8. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Nope, it's part of the standard tilesets - the same book appears on a desk too, iirc :)

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I like the portrait for the lead character. Very nice.

10. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It's from Neverwinter Vault, here.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How did you get so many planetars, Faraaz? I thought five was max for everything and even just one for planetars and devas...

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I smell cheese... Ahh yes! Project Image; one of my favourites! :lol:

Images of casters are special in several respects, one of the most abusable being their lack of summon limit. Another is that they have all the spells memorised you do (although you can't get an image of an image), so you only ever need to rest to refresh PI! :shake:

Of course, I don't need to tell you how devastating PI would be with a cleric/mage, do I? Aerie, in spite of her pathetic exterior, is in fact annihilation incarnate... :eek:

13. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Cheese is right. Yet, if it wasn't for the fact that summoning all of those planetars would take forever, i might consider doing the same thing... if only just to sit back with an evil grin on my face.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It looks like a convention of some kind.

Could all these planetars be here to smite evil?!?

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah it's the HEAVENCON DR '72! (or whatever years BG is set) :lol:

good pic btw.

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Chevalier: The Magpie is right...but honestly, I was soloing a Cleric/Mage on insane, and I was getting annoyed by that dratted Hive Mother and stupid druid with stupid insect plague. :grr:

@Celesialraven: When you've got Robe of Vecna+Amulet of Power+Improved Alacrity (x2 if you want to prep with Greater Malisons etc :p ) its not THAT big a deal. Especially when you get to kick back, relax and watch your minions do your bidding whilst you laugh at the pathetic attempts your enemy makes to defeat your army of Planetars. :evil:

17. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Cool screenshot (the SoU one). But I must admit I do not remember this particular battle :o . Very embarassing :) Also, what weapons do your henchmen yield?

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks. :) No henchmen for me and the battle was the sir William Rey story in the book you had to "adjust" when going after the Wise Wind. There was a devil in that temple and the priestesses sacrificed the female lead to him.

19. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Heh, that explains it. I went through the last chapter quite fast, so those Winds quests are a blur to me.

So what class are you playing? Looks like you have some protection spell on (protection from evil?) and some wisdom/intelligence enhacing stuff (ioun stone or such). Armor and shield, so it cannot be mage. Yielding a sword, so it's no priest.

20. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I think there are some paladin levels in that character...

Nice screenshot :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.