1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO. Nope not Pink Floyd.

It was Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace:

Next one:

And I'm staring down the barrel of a 45
    Swimming through the ashes of another life
    No real reason to accept the way things have changed
    Staring down the barrel of a 45

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Among my friends I am known as the guy who knows all the lyrics. But I know nothing compared to the people on this board. I've never even HEARD of Three Days Grace.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Wedding Song -- Paul Somebody

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: Man, T2 has the best guesses! But no, not The Wedding Song. And not Paul Somebody :)

Oh, I wouldn't say that. It seems that I listen to music very different than that of most of the people who frequent these boards :) Except maybe dmc. I know he's heard of 30 Seconds to Mars and Rise Against.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, we overlap a bit. I know some Three Days Grace, but not the one you quoted. The last one sounds familiar, but I can't pin it down. I think it's the same genre though.

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    OK that one was 45 by Shinedown:

One more, and then I'll stop torturing you with my music selections :)

Something's getting in the way
    Something's just about to break
    I will try to find my place
    In the diary of Jane
    So tell me how it should be!

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    BTA if I had seen this a couple days ago I definitely would have got Animal I Have Become. I went through a huge Three Days Grace period in high school and that was probably my favourite one of their songs.

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    In that case, let's say that if nobody gets the last song I posted, you have the floor! :)

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    No guesses this time? Oh well...

It was The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin:

reepnorp you can take it away! If he doesn't want it, anyone else can go. :)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'll give old Reep a day.

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In that case I'll go with the song that is (apparently) my most played on iTunes:

You're a Rorschach Test on fire
    You're a day-glo pterodactyl
    You're a heart-shaped box of springs and wire
    You're one badass ****ing fractal
    And you're just in time to save the day
    Sweeping all our fears away
    You can change the world in a tiny way

12. reepnorp

Media:
    No guesses, eh? I'll give it another day or so before I give the answer

---------- Added 17 hours, 42 minutes and 48 seconds later... ----------

Correct answer was Mandelbrot Set by Jonathan Coulton. Next one is up for grabs, whoever posts first can take it from here.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'll take it!

I told her put an extra layer on
    I know what happens when she drinks Petrone
    Her closet's missing half the things she bought,
    Yeah, . . . . .

Fun song!

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Don't know the song, but shouldn't "Petrone" be "Patron"? That's if we are discussing tequila, of course . . . .

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Think about it -- how would I know that??

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off ... not sure who sings it though.

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Correct. Go for it!

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

19. dmc

Media:
    Blondie - One Way or Another

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn dmc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.