1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Nothing personal, it's just that we suckers are viewing your many records with envy. ;) Our envy will shift to kmonster as long as he keeps the King of the Arcade title. :)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man that Mahjong was killing me last night! Three times I got down to two tiles: One on top of the other! :lol:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't you hate it when that happens. :D

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anybody else get a LOT of impossible Mahjong boards? I'm surprised at how many times 4 of the same tile in the first and second tier comes up given how many tiles there are total.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Usually every third board or so has that top tile covering at least two of the same type and with no others showing on the board. I tend to just hit reset.

6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Mahjong is rather addictive. Took me a while to figure out how it works (never played it in RL). :)

I only wish the tiles were a little larger...

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can play any game in full screen; just click "(in new window)" in the game listing and it'll open a resizable window to play the game in.

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh, never thought of that. :doh:

:thanks: Tal.

9. Taluntain

Media:
  10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I have been playing Castle Defense all afternoon and evening, yet I have not been sitting at my computer since early afternoon. I just periodically come back when the explosions stop to start the next level.

I'm not sure if I can lose; I haven't added any defenders since I stopped directly playing, yet my castle is unbreachable without any direct influence from me... I may just have to shut it down and lose my score which is over 14 million now. :lol:

11. Corangrane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm enjoying the Mahjong and have to agree it's tough! I have played in RL before, and computer versions are actually making me spoiled, but this version is really tough lol. Thanks for the games!

12. Taluntain

Media:
    You're welcome! To be honest, this version annoys me because it's such a rare event that you can make it to the end and clear all the tiles, even with pre-emptive resetting to get a version that at least looks like you can clear the centre and flanks early (which usually turns out to be an illusion too). The Taipei from the MS Entertainment Pack back in the day got me spoiled...

I also can't figure out how it applies the bonus in the end. I finished a game in 5 minutes yesterday (cleared all the tiles), but I got a worse score than with a game that took me over 30 minuts earlier. :hmm:

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Is that so? I was wondering about that. The funny thing is until I played at lunchtime at work, I didn't realize the score and the time were displayed so I didn't really know how long I was taking. That dark green color didn't show up on my monitor at home until I made gamma adjustments to my display driver (my monitor is showing it's age; the brightness and contrast on the monitor controls are already way up).

14. Taluntain

Media:
    5 new games just added, have fun!

15. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The 100m running highscores are wrong. Faster running should yield a better, not a worse place. It would also be nice if we had more detailed scores in the highscore table, there's a big difference between 9.6 and 9.99 seconds.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think the maze one is also screwed up, as I got a high score for it, but it took me quite a while to get through it.

On the 100m one, I ran a 9.77 and a 9.24, but got 10 for the first and no credit for the second.

The poker game is a bit dumb.

17. Taluntain

Media:
    I've reversed the scoring for those two, but as far as accuracy goes, that can't be changed.

Once we go over 100 games I'll take out the worst ones.

18. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Thanks for the games, Tal.

That was a good idea.

I had a bunch of fun! :)

19. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm glad you like the arcade!

20. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] I've changed the layout in the arcade a bit (I think it's more convenient by default now) and added 7 new games today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.