1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Goodbye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Damn, that's crap. Had crossed words with him more than once, but always respected the bloke. RIP man.

It just goes to show that you never really know what's going on under the surface with some people...

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I suppose that is some measure of cold comfort. And I do agree that seeing as how none of us saw this coming, we did all we could do once we found out. The total time from Kitrax's post to the polie arriving at the house was just a few hours - but from what information we have, there were only minutes available.

I also agree with Rahkir - Kitrax did not appear to be the type of person who would have said anything was bothering him, even if it were.

3. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    RIP Kit, there's now a big hole which you used to fill here

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got a return PM from Kitrax' account this morning. I sent him something yesterday as soon as I saw his post. It was strange to see the notification of a PM from Kitrax. A somber start to the day.

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    What, on here?

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @T2Bruno, you have my deep sumpathy. He was a good friend to many of us but I think especially you. That is it. What is there to say.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah Barmy, from SP. Either his family got on the account or one of the mods.

Thanks Nakia -- I wouldn't call us good friends but I really empathized with what he was going through (it was like deja vu for me). I saw myself going down that same path many years ago, but I thought he was on the up swing.

Nakia likes this.
  8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I didn't know Kitrax well, but I still sympathize with you all. So much irreparable harm is done by senseless acts such as these, to parents in particular, yet I believe the discernment to see the act as senseless is clouded in the minds of those who suffer so severely. Such a shame ... such a waste. :(

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Just posted on Facebook:

Dear family and friends, we would like to invite you to Aaron Joseph Buzard's funeral services on Saturday November 6th at the LDS chapel on the corner of 7000 S. and 4800 W. in West Jordan. Services will start at 11am with the viewing at 10am. We hope you can come help us celebrate his life.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow. Like others, I too am left speechless by this.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Goodbye, Kit. :(

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Are there any lessons at all we can take out of this tragedy? Especially those of that are parents?

I can't imagine what his parents must be going through.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    In this instance, I think there is little to nothing we can take out of this. The issue is that none of us really knew Kitrax personally. Yes, we knew he recently went through a divorce, and that he was living with his parents again, and that his life in the past few months has been pretty rough. That said, we don't see him on a daily basis, we wouldn't see changes in his personality, we wouldn't see if he seemed overly depressed, because such actions and emotions are not conveyed well on an internet forum. No one predicted it would have come to this.

In order for use to look back and take something out of this, we'd have to ask ourselves what we should have done differently. Barring foreknowledge of the situation, I don't see what we should have done differently. If you just don't know, you just don't know.

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hell, Harbourboy, hell.

As for lessons for parents I can only suggest encourage your children to share their feelings and problems with you without your being judgemental. Love the and let them know you love them.

Unfortunately it appears that Kitrax did not share his feelings with those near and dear to him. He kept a cheerful face with a heart of anguish.

"Real men don't cry. Only females and babies cry." Maybe that is why women generally live longer than men. I am crying.

15. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Thing is that even if we did know him personally, even if we did see him on daily basis that wouldn't mean that we could have done something more.

I guess all we can ever do is trying our best to show people that they can always come to us for talk or help. Maybe in some cases that can change things.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is not a complete surprise, though I thought things were getting better for him.

I can recall him saying that he had suicidal thoughts before, though I don't recall where. For certain about a year ago he was seeing a shrink and was taking antidepressants. I don't know if things changed since then, or his demons just got the better of him despite the treatments.

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] His roommate and a family friend have messaged me further today from Facebook.

One wanted to say that he mentioned being a part of our community and that he spoke highly of it, enjoyed his time here and the people that were part of it.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well, from the sounds of those posts he's made in there, it sounds like he 'expected' to get back with his wife and move back in with her, and things to return to how they were. Like the idea of finishing for good with her never entered his head. Women are strange things though, they don't mope like men do, and move on pretty quickly. Maybe that's what happened and that was a contributing factor. However, I don't really see the point in delving too far into his personal stuff now... R.I.P.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is real. And horrible. Devastating. It's not everyday that you open up a thread in your favourite forum and find out the poster has really, really ended his life, maybe mere minutes after posting it. Just the thought of it sends chills down my spine. I feel sad. I feel truly sad for him and his family.

I can't imagine the pain and suffering he must have felt to drive him to end his life like that, so sudden, and final. Depression is a chronic, life threatening illness. I have been prognosed with depression years before. I was lucky. Sometimes, other people may not notice the pain in the depressed person, especially if the person puts on a facade of some kind to hide his feelings. This does not mean they don't care. Anyone with even the remotest thoughts of self-harm should consult an expert for help, and try to open up more to his close friends/family about his problems.

Ofcourse I don't know the circumstances in his life and mean no disrespect. I can only offer my condolences and prayers...

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    That was his family; I got a message from them via his account as well (a bit of a shock for me too, but I somewhat expected them to use his account). Here's the message they've sent:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.