1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chapter 6 Bug, need assistance

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Soren Vracian, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After finishing off RBP in Lower Dorns, my party gets teleported to Easthaven as per normal... The cutscene plays... And then the game stays stuck in the "Paused for Cutscene" mode.

I know I've heard of this bug before, but I don't remember where, or what the cause was. Answers would be appreciated.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I had that bug when I first traveled to the HoW part, the only solution I found was reloading the game. as far as I remember it makes an autosave before teleportations like that, so try reloading the game and teleport again, if that doesn't work, I can't help you :(

3. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The latest patch to the game (that's right) causes this nasty bug. Some have suggested uninstalling the patch (even the game) and playing this part with the unpatched game. The solution is indeed to play this part unpatched, but there certainly is no need to reinstall the game. Here is how it works

1. Save just before you confront Poquelin.
    2. Exit the game
    3. Rename the Override folder to for example, overrideold
    4. Start the game
    5. Load, beat the crap out of Poquelin, watch the cinematics.
    6. You now appear correctly to Easthaven. Kill the enemies insight and save.
    7. Exit the game
    8. Rename the Overrideold folder back to Override.
    9. Load your game and go thwart Belhifet's plan :)

If your game for some reason does not show the end demo (like mine didn't, defect cd I guess), then add this to your icewind.ini file under the subsection
    [Movies]:
    tower=1
    and then you can view it from the movies section in game.

4. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31

Thanks, both of you. I used your override folder trick Shire... So hats off to you. Anyways, I beat Easthaven in no time flat... Pomab was a pushover, as was Belhefit.... I really don't know how anyone could have trouble with them.

5. Shire Gems: 4/31

Me neither. My gnomish fighter/illusionist really had a walk in the park with Belhifet last time I played. Even Pomab was harder.
    All it took with Belhifet was one potion of Cloud Giant Strength and Haste :)

6. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31

I solo'd an Elf multi Fighter/Mage, and then when I hit the midpoint of chapter 5, I added in a human paladin, a human druid, and a bard. So very extremely easy.

I just ran everyone except the paladin and the F/M away around the outside of the level, and got Belhifet to target my F/M who had stoneskin, mirror image, and a bunch of AC bettering buffs. So I just stood there and buffed him and the paladin up more. Then when I was done (finished off by a nice casting of Tenser's) I just smacked him with my F/M and my paladin.

30 seconds of buffing, a minute tops of chopping and chasing the jerk across the level.

7. Shire Gems: 4/31

Mods should make this sticky or store this somwhere where it does not get lost. I've had to search for this answer for that bug several times (learned to remember it in some point), but I bet many others experience this bug too, well, at least those with the latest patch to the original game. Maybe cut the last posts out which went OT :)

Just a thought...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm putting together a list of bugs & solutions, and this will be included.

9. Otis Gems: 2/31

I'm replying to this thread because a couple of other people just reported running into this problem.

Also, here are some instructions I blatantly stole from a post by "Az" at icewinddale.com:

============================

Delete the game cache (delete all files in [game folder]\CACHE\DATA)
    Go to the folder where the game is installed. It's prolly C:bad:program files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale. There is a folder named Cache. Select it, press delete. Click Yes.

Right-click [game folder]\OVERRIDE and rename it "Backup"
    In that same folder (The game folder, not Cache) there is one called Override. Select it, click the name so you can rename it, and rename it to Backup.

Restart the game and load a game as close to the battle as you can.
    Start the game as per normal, and load a save close to the battle.

IMMEDIATELY save the game to a new slot. Do not even move the characters.
    Without doing anything at all, Save Game in a new save slot.

Quit the game and return to your desktop.
    Quit the game and return to your desktop.

Start the game and load your newly saved game.
    Start the game and load your newly saved game, which you saved a minute ago.

That should solve your problem. Also, please do not forget to breathe in between.

===============================

[ January 30, 2007, 04:50: Message edited by: Otis ]

10. uglijimus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work for me. I even tried running it in windows compatibility mode and it didn't work either. Any other suggestions?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.