1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod would you like to see reviewed?

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Taluntain, May 5, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Daggerford is great and definitely worth playing. I enjoyed every moment of it.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was thinking about going with Daggerford as well, but the choice stood between that and the Claw Chronicles.. went for the later, but Daggerford is probably next in line after I finish cc1 and cc2. That or Hex Coda 02 even though it was finalized in the unfinished (yet complete) open dev format :bad: (I had really hoped for a completely finished version of this as it's prequel was astonishing).

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I am about to start another run of BG2 : SoA.
    Anything to review?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Are you kidding? Take your pick...

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Daggerford is quite enjoyable, although the in-party NPCs and the finale leave a bit to be desired imo. Still, it's way better that most other modules, even most good modules. The story, and some of the dialogues, are pretty amazing imo.

6. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Angelo (NPC mod). Although I could always have a bash at this myself, if no one has played it yet. It's on my "to try" list.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. Cal Jones

Playing him now. Great mod. I'll knock something together once I'm done with this game, but so far so good.

9. Cal Jones

Update: written about half of it. Should have it done and uploaded tomorrow, hopefully.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Cool, please send it to me for a look prior to posting it here.

11. Cal Jones

[​IMG] PM'd you with it. :)

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Can someone review the Fade NPC mod?

13. Tamrhind Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Powerhouse "Palddins"?

[​IMG] I'll clarify at the outset that I'm 'merely' a gamer, in no way associated with or even knowledgeable about, modding.

That said, only yesterday, I came across one which sounds awesome!
    Here's part of the blurb:

"The PoF includes 6 new cities – Neverwinter ( Blacklake District, Docks ), Baldur’s Gate, Waterdeep (Trade District, Docks ), Targos ( City center, Docks ), Siluvanede (elvish city) and Har–Al–Dur (cleric city) – each of them has it’s own CITY–QUEST. It’s a large quest, mostly about the help for the city or the rescue of it.

Other Features:

The PoF mod brings you a lot of new areas (150), which you can visit. – e.g. The Anauroch desert, Islands, Shaar, High Forest and many others – see section screenshots.

• Creatures • 50+ new creatures and new animations – barbarians, worg riders, new thieves animations and more – see section screenshots.

• Quests • Aside from the main quests and the city–quests, you will walk into another 35 regular quests and many other mini–quests.

• Items • PoF mod offers you new types of weapons – Broad sword, Falx, Falchion, Stars, Pikes, Partisans, Tridents, Battle axes, Two handed Bastard swords, Magic books and new types of armour. Except the new types, we have add 200 new magic items – see section content.

• Graphics and sound • PoF brings whole new GUI to the game, alters graphic of all BG2 items into IWD 2 graphic, adds 10–15 entirely new locations. New sounds in the cities, in battles. Part of PoF are also czech voices to dialogs, only czech – see section screenshots.

• NPCs • In the first version of PoF you will encounter only one entire and 3 tutorial (You will find these NPC’s only in PoF prologue) JoinAble NPC – Kevhorn. I plan to add up to 3 new NPC’s to the next version – see section content.

• Kits • PoF kitpack replaces all the old kits with 3 new kits for each class"

(http://pof.sigil.cz/en/about/)

:cool:

14. Duiuz Gems: 1/31

It'd be nice to hear people's opinions on PPG's One Day NPCs: Tiax, Ghareth, Alassa and Hessa.

15. Debatra Gems: 1/31

I'd like to see IWD2's "Light of Selűne", "Tactics4IWD2", "Tweaked Experience Tables", "IWD2 Subraces Pack" and "Feats & Skills Mod".

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Any of the BG1, IWD1 or IWD2 mods that aren't already reviewed. I'd prefer to keep everything on Sorcerer's so you don't search a bunch of sites for info in case you experience issues.

17. Duiuz Gems: 1/31

Now that I think of it, Tsujatha!

Rip that pretenteousness apart!

18. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Either my eyes are gone or my memory ... i kinda remember about 2 page fulls of mod reviews ... what happened to the rest ... if they did exist :??

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Make sure on the forum view you are viewing topics from 'the beginning' so all topics show up, not just the recent ones :)

20. Taluntain

Media:
    That's the default for this forum... maybe he has a different overriding selection set in his profile.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.