1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

GOG Loves Baldur's Gate Fans!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

I was not expecting to win but I am glad i did. Looks like I was the first to be chosen which is a surprise.

2. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Awesome! No more excuses for me to not work on bg1 issues in GemRB. ;)

3. Topken

I need to ask this. Can I use this version for BGT and Easy Tutu?

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] GOG usually edits the exe but not the files included. So mods should work perfectly normally on the versions. I've used mods and hacks on games from GOG but I haven't bought IE games from there yet.

5. Topken

Sence I don't know how either BGT or Easy Tutu handles it I am unsure on if it will work or not. Looks like i will be waiting for someone with knowledge on if it works or not to post.

Hmm not sure if anyone else got the exact goodies i got but i got Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Teen Agent with my code.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  6. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31

Veteran

They should work in general, but I think one also applies some exe hacks. Due to the changed executable, the offsets need to be updated, but that has likely already been done (like with the widescreen mod).

7. Dragontut Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks Sorcerer's Place

" i got Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Teen Agent with my code. "
    Me too

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This was in addition to BG: TOS?

9. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31

Veteran

My guess is that all users get that.

10. Topken

Yeah i input the code and got all four Tal

11. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Those other three games are available for free on gog.com, so anyone can get them :-).

12. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I would assume that this version of BG would NOT allow you to use Tutu or similar mods. The main .exe file is usually encrypted on a D2D game, and as such most mods don't work. I found the same happened with Oblivion, which still irritates the hell outta me.

13. Topken

GOG is sopose to be drm free so that means it shouldnt be encrypted i dont think.

14. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Like Arundor, I think it's the first time I win something like this =)

Thanks to SP and GoG for the contest! Also thanks to GoG for bringing all these classics back. Although I do own the original 5 CDs edition of BG, I also belong to the "worn out discs" club. Installing the game from them seems to be a hit or miss as I would end up with corrupted files half the time. I was planning on buying it off GoG sooner or later.

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I just got an email from GOG that BG 2 + expansion is available for $9.99.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We posted about it in the news a while ago. ;)

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I can't say I'm surprised... :) Real life has kept me away from computer gaming, so I haven't been paying too much attention to the news section... :p Silly me, I know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.