1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Goodbye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

This is horrible... I'm just shocked... My love and prayers to his family and friends, I understand how hard it is to go through something as awful as this...

3. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I couldn't afford much, but I donated what I could. Still struggling to come to terms with this, so excuse me if I don't have much to say. Thank you BTA for handling the flowers, it was much appreciated by all of us.

4. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    It took a while, I had to clear enough space on my credit card, but donation done! Is anybody from SP going to the funeral?

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Today is November 6th and I realize that I haven't said anything about what he has meant to me.

I've always felt more closely linked to Kitrax than to many of the other regulars here. We have the same age, share the same interests and I've felt down when he was down. I looked up to him and Wednesday night I realized that his passing has impacted me more than I wish to admit here.

Goodbye Kitrax.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    $90 has come in via donations since yesterday, which brings the total to around $650.

7. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Triactus, the funeral was yesterday. I don't think anyone from SP was able to attend, though I sorely wish it had been viable. I was thinking that a few of the Brits could meet up some time soon to chat and drink to kit's memory but not really up for organising anything right now.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, the viewing was scheduled to begin about 30 minutes ago with the service to begin about 30 minutes from now. Utah being in MDT until tomorrow.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you BTA.

A few of us have gathered in the FAI. It is a sad time as we honor our friend. He will be long remembered. His picture will be on my FB profile so long as I am there.

I hope that I will also be more appreciative of those I know here and else where and not take them for granted.

10. Anub1s Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey everyone, just got home from the funeral. It was a very nice tribute, for the most part (I'll expand on this later if anyone cares to know, but suffice it to say, it's obvious he was a very loved member of the family), to Aaron. His family certainly loved him, and he had many, many friends there who wanted to say goodbye. It was a very difficult day, but it certainly helped to get some amount of closure.

I want to say thanks again to all of you for your donations and flower arrangement. His family was very appreciative of everyone being there and everyone who supported them in any way, they looked at peace in knowing that their son had touched so many lives.

It's been a tough day, worked all night last night, and been crying all day so far, so it's time for me to get some sleep, but I wanted to make sure to thank you all again for being an amazing community and family. You've done more than merely donate money to support the family of a member who has passed, you have given comfort when it was needed most. In times like this, that is the most precious commodity.

All my best,
    Cody

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thanks so much for letting us know first-hand how it was. We really appreciate it.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I definitively plan on doing my own part, but with my own Visa choked full and the next paycheck being only next Thursday, I couldn't do it in the immediate. I assume donations will still be welcome next week?

13. Taluntain

Media:
    The family is going to need the money sooner rather than later, but yes; we'll wait until Friday to finalize the donation raising effort.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'd do it right now, Big Man, but the damned card is $200 over my allowed limit...

15. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just found out about this today. Got a small donation in, hope it's not too late.

I don't think I ever really crossed swords with Kitrax, but I often read his posts in relationship rants and elsewhere. They helped me put my trivial difficulties with my spouse in perspective.

I just got back from my grandmother's funeral, who died on Wednesday from late stage Alzheimer's. Our family had a five year head start on the grieving process, and I know my mother had already come to terms with losing her mother a few years ago, as in the last few years, the mind that had been my grandmother's personality gradually withered away to nothing. So as things go, my family has it relatively not so difficult to deal with our grief, and we all really felt that death was if not a blessing for her, then at least a peaceful end.

Still, there is a definite sadness among us, so I can only imagine how much harder it is for Aaron's family and friends, who did not have a long period to prepare for this. Many here on this forum have offered condolences, let me add mine as well.

Sincerely,
    Scot

The Great Snook likes this.
  16. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Kit and I had some definite rough patches... didn't always get along but damn. A good life gone. Thanks DotW for letting me know. My thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. I'm deeply sorry this happened...

17. chocula Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello

Last time I spoke to my friend Aaron, he told me about this site knowing I was a fan of RPG games. Well, I recalled this after seeing some posts on his facebook recently from members of this forum. It inspired me to look this place up and perhaps even read through some of Aaron's old posts. I've known and been friends with him for most of my life. He was just an awesome person in so many ways; A bit of a teaser, but with a heart of gold. I remember one time years ago, he and I were hanging out at my house, and we heard a loud noise outside. We went to investigate, and found a nervous old woman pulled over in front of my driveway with a popped tire. She had gotten lost looking for the freeway, and was totally unfamiliar with the area. She was beginning to panic, but Aaron took charge and got to work right away in helping her out. We were around 13 and 14 at the time, and I had no idea how to change a car tire, but luckily he had picked it up from helping his dad. We jacked that car right up, changed the tire for this old woman, then called her family and Aaron gave them exact directions so they could pick her up. That was the kind of person Aaron was.

He had a great sense of humor, witty and sarcastic, as I'm sure many of you here know. :) I can't imagine he had an enemy in the world. Always loved him and his family.. Sooo many great memories..

I had the opportunity to bid my last farewell today at his funeral. He was loved very much.

Hope you guys here on this board never forget him

Nakia and The Great Snook like this.
  18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you, chocula, for sharing with us. Kitrax, as we called him, will not be forgotten. He spent hours in the FAI chat room helping me with my computer problems. He was always willing to take time from his busy schedule to help others.

chocula, I hope you will stick around. We have a lot going on and always have room for another family member.

19. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh my God... I can't believe it :(.

RIP Kitrax, you will be missed.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Thanks for sharing that memory, Chocula.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.