1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Got access for Old Republic game testing and will download and install the client later today. It's a shame I'll have to work tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And Friday, too! :eek: Well, now, I am used to that, but the impatience!

2. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Rocksteady has finally patched most of the DX11 issues in Batman: Arkham City so I can finally begin to play it. After a few hours I can only say that it is great. Basically it is like Batman: Arkham Asylum but on steroids. More about it later, now back to Arkham...

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Felt the need for some ultra-violence so I've been playing some GTA liberty city stories.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

BG2 again. Trying the following 3 NPC mods. Nikita, Tashia and Kivan. Probably not wise to try out all three at once, as I'll probably miss out on some built-in dialogues they would have with the Bioware NPCs, but so far so good. All three have a lot of dialogue content with the protagonist, so right now I am having discussions about my backgorund with all 3 NPCs seperately. I particularly liked it when we approached the Ogre-Mage in the Umar Hills for the Mayor, asking about the attacks. Kivan has Ogre as his species enemy. I totally forgot and was not ready for his reaction. It's stuff like that that makes mods so wonderful.:)

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bought LIMBO when it was on sale on Steam. Not a real long game, but lots of fun.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished Portal 2. What a fantastic game; better than the original. Really funny; and unlike the original, the puzzles didn't have really tight timing requirements.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Skyrim. Pretty much the only thing I've played since I got it.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Finished UnCharted 1 and Uncharted 2 over the holiday I took from work and school. I am planning to start God of War series next on the PS3. If I have time, I will play the Witcher when my TV is being used and I don't have any school work to complete, which is ususally not the case...

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Playing Crysis. Runs fantastic on my new computer. Awesome graphics, and I'm loving the gameplay so far.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Skyrim baby! It is so nice to hang out in a world not of my own. :D

I also jump into Portal 2 once in a while. I could really use some portals in real life but I would prefer the two colored portals divided into two different devices and I would give the other device to a friend in a tropical country. That would work for me.

11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm enjoying a brand-new install of Baldurs Gate BWP.

Icewind Dale with the ever so cool NPC mod. Quite well done.

Daggerfall. Fired it up for fun and still playing.

12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Officially starting Skyrim, after letting it collect dust on my shelf for several weeks. My Third Age Total War run was excellent prior to this, and I'm sure I'll go back to it after the next patch.

But for now, it's time to go back to RPG land and see what a fighter-mage can accomplish in Skyrim!

13. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Almost no time for gaming lately. That said, in light of Skyrim not sucking me in as I had hoped, I've switched gears and picked up the Rise of the Samurai campaign for Total War Shogun 2. I also picked up the over-the-top "blood pack" DLC for $1.49, so now battles look like old school Samurai movies with every character possessing around 10x more blood than your average mortal, and instead of veins they have hoses that ensure the spray will cover some good distance. Very therapeutic. Now, if only I had a little more free time on my hands.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Mass Effect 3. Very good game up untill the ending. The ending, miraculously enough, managed to destroy the entire series in 15 minutes.

15. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Mass Effect 3. While I agree with you, perhaps you should have put a spoiler tag on your post rawgrim.

16. Marceror

Media:
    In fairness, Rawgrim didn't tell us any details about the ending, except that he really didn't like it. I'm not sure that requires a spoiler.

I might play it and love the ending. I don't feel spoiled.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm playing Zen Pinball. The story isn't that great but the action is astounding. I wish I was playing Mass Effect 3 but its good that I'm not because I would get too hooked into it.

18. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rome Total War : RTR mod.

One of the best mods for RTW.

19. Marceror

Media:
    I'm 130 turns into my Rise of the Samurai as Kamakura Minamoto campaign and very much enjoying it. I've hit Realm Divide and now my only ally is my sister faction, Kiso Minamoto. It's us against the rest of Japan, and it's brilliant.

Kiso Minamoto has way more provinces than I do, several of which I need to win the game. Eventually I will come into conflict with them, and that's a scary thought, as their territories share numerous borders with my own, and it's going to be hard to defend everything I've got against such a massive, powerful faction.

For the moment though, we have plenty of enemies to keep us occupied, and the experience is truly worthy of the name Total War!

ION, I am downloading the brand new Fall of the Samurai campaign as I type and can't wait not only for it, but for the MANY, MANY, MANY improvements to the overall game engine and game play. It's a free patch that effects the Sengoku Jidai, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai campaigns!

Fall of the Samurai jumps ahead 300 years from the original game's time frame to the Boshin war, pitting the forces of the Shogun against those loyal to the Emperor. This time we have lots of guns, cannons, Gatling guns and even iron clad war ships. Navies can bombard ports, and ports can even create large gun emplacements to protect themselves. And perhaps the coolest new feature is the addition of railways for the first time in a Total War game. I can't wait to transport my slow Gatling guns across the map in super fast trains! :thumb:

It will be sad to see the Samurai fall... or maybe, I'll see if I can rewrite history and keep the Samurai legacy going.

20. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Wesnoth again, with yet another user made campaign. I recommend it to turn-based strategy lovers — it has a KISS approach, but still enough depth to keep you going. Some of the fan made campaigns put the scripting engine to a real test, adding more rpg elements and complications.
    And it's free. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.