1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Imoen good enough for ToB?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Archer14, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

No. How much you have to pay at stores depends solely on your reputation. Authorities pestering you is also dependant of your reputation. The advantage of being evil is that you can do anything you want, and get away with it. Try that with a Paladin or Ranger, and you become fallen. The 'advantage' of an evil character is, if you roleplay him correctly, you'll get some nice evil dialogs :)

2. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Just because you are evil does not mean you have to have a bad reputation. On the contrary, I'd imagine evil parties would be more prone to high reputation as to cover thier real intentions.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I always played neutral! so I could keep Both Nalia and Viconia happy! Neutral rules! You are a son of god, so remember BALANCE in ALL things!

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yoshimo is a very good theif but of course that will change later.

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Item costs are dependant on 2 things in fact.
    Reputation and charisma. Ragusa did some research a long time ago as to effects of charisma on item cost. I believe the lowest item cost was at charisma 24 or so, but he might correct me on that...

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

As Alex above said, evil could be role-played in several ways:
    - Lawful Evil characters would typically have a high-ish reputation as they would not want to fall out of order with the Law. That's why they're lawful see?
    - Neutral Evil characters could go either way. They act purely on their own best interest and therefore would be willing to do anything to gain the best things for them. This would include doing 'good' things as long as they get a reward that benefits them.
    - Chaotic Evil characters will just do things in spite of 'good' characters. They will murder countless hundreds just to show they are the best.

Now back to Topic:
    I believe with the right items, such as Ring Of Lockpicking or Trap Detection, Mercykiller Ring or similar items; Imoen would be as good as any thief would.
    Remember though! That thieving skills which go up to 100, are considered 'full', which means you will get a 99% chance of success and 1% of faliure when using abilities. This is before other bonuses are applied.
    Say a trap which is Difficult to detect (say about 75% on Detect Traps), it then is magical, and so magically hidden, removing about 40% from abilities. So with this trap, you would need 105% on abilities.
    Understand?
    So with Items, her abilities should go to just over 100% on most abilities (open locks and traps at least), so No Problem in Tob.

7. I prefer Yoshimo or me(mage/thief).

8. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No Yoshimo in ToB.

As for the original question, get Jan.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.