1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Screenshot of the Week Discussion

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I think there's some better dialogue when you come back from the warrens ..

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I'll let you know when I finish them :)

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

:lol:
    / me want's to be a grumpy dwarf

4. Fly2tHeSkY

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Elfy ... :lol:

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I think a better caption for this one might've been, "Ya don't say!"

And TBH, I found the 'startled by a stick' thing a bit funnier than the axe-murderer thing.

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

How did you get the chicken to talk to you? I have tried to talk with animals and only gotten animal sounds.

I thought that both were pretty darn funny!

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

You can talk with animals in SoU/HotU if your character has Ranger or Druid levels. Ranks in Animal Empathy aren't required, just levels in the relevant classes.

The extra interaction with the furry ones is the main reason why I reckon the Range is the best class to play through SoU chapter 1 as; you get a lot of animals to charm, as well as a couple of bonus items. Chapter 1 is probably why I rate SoU so highly, actually, as its setting realises the benefits of Ranger-hood over being a straight Fighter.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My favorite is still:

The chicken insists the farmer is systematically stealing her young.

:hahaerr:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice one, Silvershield. Plus you're using the same portrait that I'm using for Disciple of the Watch.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Hehe, I'm loving this character atm, plus I'm playing the 'fake' HoF, so monsters galoooore :D

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't understand this week's screenshot. Something about a shield and some beholders.

12. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I assume it has to do with the character using the shield of... (the one that reflects beholder rays, is it Balduron?). You can tell because the char is at full health even though he's being swarmed by beholders. Basically, think of the "shield? what shield?" line being said with an overly innocent tone of voice.

That or he's just plastered with spells...

[ October 04, 2006, 02:54: Message edited by: Celesialraven ]

13. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I would have to agree with the Shield of Balduran assessment. That was my immediate thought when I saw this. There is no other way a character could stand in front of 10+ beholders and seemingly be unscathed.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

And if you'll notice, some of those rays are going the wrong way. It's clearly the SoB.

15. Fly2tHeSkY

Also known as, the Shield of Cheese :D

16. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This TOEE screenshot looks kind of cool. Is the game any good?

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Supposedly yes, though very buggy. Luckily the fan community is still patching the game.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There is an NWN module with the ToEE adventure, too. Don't know if it's any good, though.

I liked the game, despite the bugs even, until I met enemies I couldn't possibly defeat with quite a powerful and well-composed party. As I'm not a fan of 100 reloads per battle or restarting with a min-maxed team to conquer stuff all over again, I stopped playing at that point. Screw Belsonirg, Belsornig or whatever his name was.

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In my opinion, ToEE with the Co8 fanmade patch/modpack is an excellent D&D v3.5 CRPG.

It's still a little buggy, even with all the patches, but just make sure to keep a good history of savegames as you go and you should be fine.

20. Harbourboy

I don't get this week's screenshot either. What is the joke with this one from ToEE?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.