1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the strongest class in NWN?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Dragu&Barud, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] We`ve never seen it and we were curious if there
    are many races classes and spells.We heared that
    there is an XP cap to 20LV.That`s pretty strange
    how are you supposed to do multi/dual classing?
    Are there any new races?Can you create your own
    race?Can you regenerate at high level CON?(heh
    Barud`s favourite question!)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The game uses 3rd edition D&D rules, so the level cap is 20, you choose what class to level up in each time you do a level-up, you have all the races from Baldur's Gate etc. plus half orc and you can name your own sub-race (though I've never really understood the point with this feature). I'm not quite sure about the regeneration.

3. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

No regeneration for high con. That's what items are for.

IMO the sorcerer is the strongest class, as it is the only one I have sucessfully beaten the game with completely solo (not even a familiar or summons), and with the exception of possibly cleric I can't imagine any others being able to do the same.

For some extra cheese, front load a level of paladin with your sorcerer and watch your saves skyrocket. :)

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I find extrodinary easy with a druid.
    Stoneskin
    Barkskin
    Bull's strenght

None is able to damage you so you can cast your spells undisturbed off. My AC is 30 at level 10.
    And beside that i have all those belt which reduce damage further by 20 points.

5. Jabbrwock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's also not too hard to beat the game entirely solo as a Monk. I'd tend to put Cleric at the top of the "absurdly easy" list of classes, though, because of the power of the offensive cleric spells. Harm, yuck.

6. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'd vote with the druid, as well.
    Though that's the only one I've played so far

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Cleric is actually pretty weak until they start getting into the mid-levels. Mine kept getting beaten up by skeleton warriors in Chapters One and Two. They don't get any serious offensive spells until about level 8.

8. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My vote goes to the sorceror. With their many spells and metamagics they are great on the offensive and the defensive.

[ March 05, 2003, 06:18: Message edited by: Puredarkness ]

9. Seyahat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm not sure that I can agree with the poster who suggested that clerics were weak at low-to-mid levels. If you work them as a "fighter-plus," they fight pretty much as well as fighters of the same level and have the added bonus of defensive spells. Maybe it depends on how you've built them....

10. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The game's pretty easy for almost all classes in my experience. Personally I found that sorcerers and wizards gave me the easiest games, but fighters are probably the easiest class to play, and they're not too shabby. With some good eq (for me that's two magical longswords preferably with bonus damage and some nice medium armor and jewelry) and the right feats (namely toughness, focus and specialization in/on longsword, two-weapon fighting, improved crticals with longsword and improved two-weapon fighting, as well as ambidexterity just to name a few) the fighter can work pretty well and quite smoothely.

11. Deaths Revenge Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd have to say the monk is the best char... because he has a high attk as well as a very great AC withought any armour or weapons! Even though a druid is the best at almost everything but defense the monk would still beat it out anyday with the right eqipment:D

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I didn't give him a level of fighter. He was a pure-class elven cleric.

13. Seyahat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I meant pure cleric too. Fully armoured and boosted by some protective spells and bull's strength, the low-to-medium level cleric should be able to plow through grunt stuff with the ease of a tank-fighter. And then heal themself with any spells left over. Maybe the elf blow to constitution made your character weaker than average, but I suspect it was a matter of spell choice... their attack spells are decidedly uninspiring at low level.

14. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How about a Rogue 3/Ranger 1/Fighter 4 (my character) do you think that I can end the game easly of hardly?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.