Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > The D&D Forum of Holding > Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Notices

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor For posts concerning Stormfront Studios' Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 15th Sep '09, 3:11pm   #1
krisko
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 208
Level: 5
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
krisko is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with patch 1.4 installation

I've recently got a copy of Pool of Radiance but the patch causes problems... every time i try and apply it, it gives me a "Install Error -- Unable to find Pool Of Radiance II Files. Install failed"......can someone help please?!

I have windows XP pro... and i tried to install on both disk "C" and "E"

thanks for any input!
krisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 15th Sep '09, 6:24pm   #2
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 300
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,169
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Did you try running it from the game's install directory?

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 16th Sep '09, 12:56am   #3
krisko

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat

yep, i tried from various locations, and installed the game several times on various locations... i also tried downloading patch 1.3 ... have same prob...

i find it odd that noone had the same prob... i tried searching for the prob on the net aswell...

i suspected that i have bad installation or something like that, but it appears on all three installation sizes...

strange from my point of view... :/
Old Wed, 16th Sep '09, 4:00pm   #4
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Reinstalling might help... did you install it in the default location?

Old Wed, 16th Sep '09, 4:34pm   #5
krisko

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I tried installing about 10 times... default, C, D, E drive... nothing... It seems to me that I might have bugged/fake version of the game???
Old Thu, 17th Sep '09, 5:04pm   #6
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Hard to say but it's definitely not a common problem...

Old Sun, 27th Sep '09, 5:25am   #7
NOG (No Other Gods)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,782
Level: 31
vBActivity - Bars
NOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant future

I ran into the same problem. Patch 1.2 installed properly, but not 1.3 or 1.4. When I tried to run the program, it said it couldn't find RTserverdll.dll. I looked that up, and it's a Windows file. My guess is it changed with Vista and that's causing the problems, but I'm not sure. Are you using Vista, Krisko?
Old Sun, 28th Feb '10, 2:01am   #8
krisko

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Nope, as stated in my first post, I use Win XP professional
... also, error that I'm getting is different from yours :-/
Old Sun, 28th Feb '10, 9:52am   #9
ConjurerDragon
SPS Account Holder
Ich dien

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 182
vBActivity - Bars
ConjurerDragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko View Post
I've recently got a copy of Pool of Radiance but the patch causes problems... every time i try and apply it, it gives me a "Install Error -- Unable to find Pool Of Radiance II Files. Install failed"......can someone help please?!

I have windows XP pro... and i tried to install on both disk "C" and "E"

thanks for any input!
Have you used the Installer Patch to install your game?
ConjurerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 14th Jan '14, 1:01am   #10
Tidepool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 58
Level: 2
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New Delivery
Tidepool is on a distinguished road

I too have experienced an issue installing patch 1.4 on Windows XP SP3 (same as topic starter). I have tried all of the solutions listed above, from reinstalling the program, re-downloading the patch, moving patch files to same directory as Pools II, etc. The patcher is unable to locate the Pools II data files, and therefore the patch fails. Any help would be appreciated.
Tidepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 15th Jan '14, 4:54am   #11
SlickRCBD
Gems: 18/31
Latest gem: Horn Coral

Like: 20
Liked 35 Times in 32 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,382
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnMaster PosterPaper WeightPosting Professional
SlickRCBD has a spectacular aura aboutSlickRCBD has a spectacular aura about

I think you might need to install the 1.1 patch, then the 1.3 patch, then the 1.4 patch. Maybe just to be safe you should include the 1.2 patch in between. I don't recall if I did or not.
Also try installing the patches in compatibility mode. Right click on the .exe file for the patch, and set it to compatibility mode for Windows 98.

Due to the uninstaller bug, I haven't tried installing it on the XP side of my old Windows 98SE/Windows XP computer, and I haven't tried installing it on Windows Vista or 7 at all. I just boot Windows 98SE on the old computer to play. I'm just adding a few thoughts based on my experience with other games and what I vaguely recall doing many years ago with my system. I have an image that I used to restore the Windows 98SE partition when my hard drive crashed, so it's been a long time since I actually installed the game.
SlickRCBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 15th Jan '14, 6:32pm   #12
Tidepool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 58
Level: 2
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New Delivery
Tidepool is on a distinguished road

Prior to posting on this fine forum, I did try installing all of the patches, 1.1 through 1.4, and none seem to take. If it makes any difference, I'm actually running Windows XP SP3 through BootCamp on a 15' MacbookPro Mid-2009, running the latest available Windows drivers for the hardware in my laptop (2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM). I found a post while googling around that mentioned a user-written registry patch, which fixes whatever registry issues are preventing the patcher from working, but despite my best efforts I haven't been able to find the actual registry fix itself. Anyone heard of or employed a registry patch?
Tidepool is offline   Reply With Quote