Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > The D&D Forum of Holding > Neverwinter

Notices

Neverwinter For posts concerning Cryptic Studios' free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Gauntlgrym book trilogy.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Mon, 23rd Aug '10, 11:47pm   #1
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 299
Liked 182 Times in 115 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,158
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future
Neverwinter Announced

Check http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52323 for more info. Here's the press release:

ATARI AND CRYPTIC STUDIOS ANNOUNCE NEVERWINTER™
COMING IN 2011 FOR PC

Storyline for new Co-op Roleplaying Game Inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Upcoming Book Trilogy

Los Angeles, CA (August 23, 2010) -- Atari, one of the world's most recognized videogame publishers and Cryptic Studios, the acclaimed developers behind City of heroes, City of Villains, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, announced today the development of Neverwinter for PC. Neverwinter is a new online roleplaying game based on Wizards of the Coast's global property Dungeons & Dragons and the beloved city of Neverwinter.

Once a bustling location, Neverwinter has faced a great many disasters in the past hundred years. Rule of the city remains unclear following the unfortunate demise of the last Lord of Neverwinter and factions still battle for dominance after the all-consuming Spellplague took a high toll on the population. Even Neverwinter's dead are beginning to rise from their graves and march upon the city they once called home.

"We're beyond thrilled to develop a brand new version of Neverwinter. It's been years since the original became a gaming icon and we're honored to work with such a great franchise," said Jack Emmert, COO of Cryptic Studios. "We've been working closely with Wizards of the Coast and R.A. Salvatore to create an authentic D&D adventure filled with compelling fiction and exciting gameplay."

In Neverwinter, players choose to become one of five classic D&D classes and team up with friends or computer-controlled allies to form five-person co-op groups. Players also create their own storylines and quests utilizing an extremely user-friendly content generation system, tentatively codenamed Forge.

"Wizards of the Coast is excited to invite millions of fans back to Neverwinter with the launch of R.A. Salvatore's Gauntlgrym,” said Liz Schuh, Brand Director for Dungeons & Dragons at Wizards of the Coast. "And we're excited about the prospects for great digital gaming experiences based on this epic world.”

Neverwinter for PC is scheduled to release in Q4 2011 and is part of a multi-platform event, including a book trilogy from New York Times best-selling author R. A. Salvatore and a tabletop roleplaying game from Wizards of the Coast. Book one in Salvatore's Neverwinter trilogy, titled Gauntlgrym, releases on October 5 of this year and lays the groundwork for the Neverwinter storyline. The novel previews the settings, characters and monsters from the PC game and details the events that lead up to this highly anticipated PC gaming experience.

To learn more about the game, please visit: www.PlayNeverwinter.com

###

ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Based in Los Gatos, CA, Cryptic Studios is a leading developer of role-playing and massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Cryptic is responsible for developing several AAA titles, including Star Trek Online, Champions Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains and Neverwinter. For more information about Cryptic Studios, please visit the official website at: www.crypticstudios.com

ABOUT ATARI, SA
Atari group is a global creator, producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Atari's brands and content are available across all key traditional and digital distribution touch points, including browser-based and Social online platforms, PC, consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, and advanced smart phones (i.e. IPhone, Android and RIM devices). Divisions of Atari, SA include Cryptic Studios, Eden Studios, Atari Interactive, Inc. and Atari, Inc.

Atari benefits from the strength of its worldwide brand and its extensive catalogue of contemporary classic game franchises (Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Lunar Lander®), original owned franchises (Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Deer Hunter®), MMO games from Cryptic Studios (Star Trek™ Online, Champions Online™) and third party franchises (Ghostbusters®, Rollercoaster Tycoon®, Dungeons and Dragons®). Atari also leverages the power of its franchises to deliver movies and merchandise to consumers around the world.

For more information please visit: www.atari.com
© 2010 Atari Europe SASU. All rights reserved.
Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.

Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter, and their respective logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the USA and other countries. Used with permission.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 25th Aug '10, 7:59pm   #2
Rawgrim
Gems: 21/31
Latest gem: Pearl

Like: 0
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,416
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Let's Talk...New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Rawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the rough

Not sure how this will work though. According to the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting( 4th ed), Neverwinter got utterly destroyed during the spellplague, along with a few other cities. I guess consistency is out the window with this one.
Rawgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 31st Aug '10, 4:24pm   #3
The Magister
SPS Account Holder
Gentlemanly Wizard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,545
Level: 23
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
The Magister is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to The Magister

I for one would like to see a Forgotten Realm game set somewhere other then the Sword Coast. Also the setting just didn't feel the same after they killed Mystra...again.
Old Tue, 31st Aug '10, 10:25pm   #4
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,552
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

You're right Magister, they always seem to place the games on the Sword Coast, The Savage Frontier or the Moonsea/Myth Drannor. The Forgotten Realms game world is so much bigger, they should utilize more of it. Possibly aroundThay/Rashemen or The Vilhon Reach, anything other than the Sword Coast again.
Old Fri, 3rd Sep '10, 8:28am   #5
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Let's Talk...New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Rawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the rough

Thay got f`ed too actually. Just a bunch of undeads there now. Lets face it. The forgotten realms has been ruined beyond repair by the 4th edition. The Eladrin race popping up out of the blue, having aparantly been around since the beginning. Eladrin being a more Tolkieni`sh elf race (Eldarin anyone? Creative rip-off i must say. change 2 letters). the drow elves got it worst though, they got changed into a ranger-race. No more evil cleric chics ruling the place anymore. All Drizzt clones now.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate that my favorite setting got so messed up
Old Fri, 3rd Sep '10, 8:36am   #6
Tarrasque
SPS Account Holder
Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic?

Like: 4
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,171
Level: 11
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Writers CrampNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Tarrasque will become famous soon enough

Nah your setting didn't get messed up.

It's like the Star Wars prequels - my god what the hell were they thinking but doesn't prevent the the original setting being good.

I'm sure when Wizards realise sales of 4th edition are non existent compared to 3/3.5 they'll do a rapid about turn - hopefully!
Tarrasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 3rd Sep '10, 3:53pm   #7
Death Rabbit
SPS Account Holder
Straight, no chaser

Like: 21
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,845
Level: 37
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!
Death Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeDeath Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this, I'm reminded of the evolution of the KOTOR series (in fact, it almost feels like they're taking on the same idea). Much like KOTOR 1 and 2 has become simply The Old Republic, NWN1 and 2 is now, simply, Neverwinter and is an MMO.

As with all new D&D games my hopes are high that this will be a good game. But I'm almost always disappointed.
Old Sat, 4th Sep '10, 2:50am   #8
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Good d&d games has been none excistent since BG2, really. Better graphics, multiplayer options, and way more buggy. Thin stories too.
Old Sat, 4th Sep '10, 2:16pm   #9
The Magister
SPS Account Holder
Gentlemanly Wizard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,545
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
The Magister is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to The Magister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgrim View Post
Good d&d games has been none excistent since BG2, really. Better graphics, multiplayer options, and way more buggy. Thin stories too.
While I admit Neverwinter Nights was no BG2, it was still a fun game.
Old Fri, 10th Sep '10, 11:45pm   #10
chevalier Points (Total)
SPS Account Holder
Senior News Editor

Like: 3
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 62,849
Level: 62
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryEverybody Loves Me!The Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a Crowd
chevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nice

Phive? No paladin?
chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 11th Sep '10, 2:42am   #11
NOG (No Other Gods)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,781
Level: 31
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
NOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant futureNOG (No Other Gods) has a brilliant future

Atari is involved. It will be pure toxic waste.

The five classes are hinted at with:
"My faith protects me. My hand destroys." - silhouetted woman with mace
"Power is my truth. Fire is my word." - silhouetted caped figure with horns? and a staff
"My steel, unbendable. My will, unbreakable." - silhouetted muscular man with axe and possible loincloth
"I am the knife in the dark." - silhouetted slender woman with two knives
"I am death upon the wind." - silhouetted slender man with a bow.

My guess is cleric (possibly paladin or paladin-ish clerics), wizard/sorcerer, barbarian (maybe fighter), rogue and ranger (probably drow ).
Old Mon, 13th Sep '10, 4:27pm   #12
chevalier Points (Total)
SPS Account Holder
Senior News Editor

Like: 3
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 62,849
Level: 62
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryEverybody Loves Me!The Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a Crowd
chevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nicechevalier is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOG (No Other Gods) View Post
Atari is involved. It will be pure toxic waste.
Mass tort? Belly, Beren, dmc, Rags, what think ye?

Quote:
The five classes are hinted at with:
"My faith protects me. My hand destroys." - silhouetted woman with mace
"Power is my truth. Fire is my word." - silhouetted caped figure with horns? and a staff
"My steel, unbendable. My will, unbreakable." - silhouetted muscular man with axe and possible loincloth
"I am the knife in the dark." - silhouetted slender woman with two knives
"I am death upon the wind." - silhouetted slender man with a bow.

My guess is cleric (possibly paladin or paladin-ish clerics), wizard/sorcerer, barbarian (maybe fighter), rogue and ranger (probably drow ).
Oh yes and barbarians/fighters are known for unbreakable will-saves.
chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 19th Sep '10, 8:21pm   #13
Merlanni
SPS Account Holder

Like: 31
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,399
Level: 22
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnPosting GodNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
Merlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the roughMerlanni is a jewel in the rough

I think they are up to something. You just do not destroy a top notch brand. To take a big step forward, you sometimes have to take a step back. Lots of people did not like 3.0.

If the single play holds out, and payment is not based on a monthly fee it is most welcome.
Merlanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 20th Sep '10, 11:23pm   #14
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Its going to be 4th edition d&d. Meaning its an automatic failure. Rogues can sneak attack only ONCE per fight (aparantly the forget how to do it), all spells return once a fight is done, no need for resting. ohh and every class can heal themselves now. Its called a Surge. Adventureres get them for no aparant reason. Add Atari to the mix, and you have an utter pile of dung.
Old Sat, 6th Nov '10, 9:20am   #15
Urithrand
SPS Account Holder
News Editor
Mind turning the light off? It plays havoc with my complexion.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,587
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Urithrand has a spectacular aura aboutUrithrand has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Urithrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Vanatar View Post
You're right Magister, they always seem to place the games on the Sword Coast, The Savage Frontier or the Moonsea/Myth Drannor. The Forgotten Realms game world is so much bigger, they should utilize more of it. Possibly aroundThay/Rashemen or The Vilhon Reach, anything other than the Sword Coast again.
They did Rashemen and Thay in MotB. It was very nicely done.
Urithrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 17th Nov '10, 5:03am   #16
omnigodly
Gems: 17/31
Latest gem: Star Diopside

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,822
Level: 17
vBActivity - Bars
omnigodly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to omnigodly

Atari, lack of classes, 4th ed.

I agree with everyone else... I do smell a failure.

I'm glad I didn't buy any faerun books from 4th ed if they really did destroy the west with a spell plague and add a new creator race (what happened to those lizards?).

NWN1 was fun after Chapter 1 :P, 2 was okay the first time through, but no matter how much you try to make your second run different, it's exactly the same .

Here's to hoping Atari and Obsidian while we're at it go out of business...
omnigodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 26th Nov '10, 1:48am   #17
Spellbound
SPS Account Holder
Distinguished Member
Mod Reviewer
Fleur de Mystique

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,659
Level: 19
vBActivity - Bars
Spellbound will become famous soon enough

Well, I can't wait for this! And particularly:

Quote:
Players also create their own storylines and quests utilizing an extremely user-friendly content generation system, tentatively codenamed Forge.
That sounds like great fun to me, if in fact they can hold true to that.
Old Fri, 31st Dec '10, 3:21pm   #18
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urithrand View Post
They did Rashemen and Thay in MotB. It was very nicely done.

That I did not know, though I never played NWN2. Almost bought it, but started playing part 1 again instead.

I have been an collector of the FR for years, owning a copy of EVERY thing they made for FR 2nd edition book-wise, including all spin-offs such as Zakhara, Maztica and Oriental Adventures. I mostly did the same for the 3rd edition, though I am missing a few items. I purchased the 4th edition PHB and DMG and couldn't believe what I was reading. Utter crap. Then I perused the FR Campaign guide and almost puked. Very dissapointing. If they are going to keep the CRPGs going and advance the game engine along to 4th edition, I find it disconcerting. I see their point, as they are committed to 4th edition and the only way to sell is to push their product. Makes sense from their standpoint, but stinks for us fans of the older engines.

But, with all of that said, I might just try it anyway. None of the Bioware games were exact replicas of their game engines, as they tweaked the rules to fit their games. So, as I am in desperate need of something new to play and I have a very limited taste in games, mostly party-based RPGs or any D&D game, I am going to give it a shot. What else is out there to try?
Old Sun, 1st Apr '12, 6:08pm   #19
Tyranthraxus
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 103
Level: 3
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryFresh MeatA Little Bird Told Me
Tyranthraxus has disabled reputation

After not really being exposed to the D&D franchise since the late 80's-early 90's SSI 'Gold Box' games, Westwood's 'Eye of the Beholder' titles and the 2nd Edition books, my interest in the Pen and Paper game was revived in 2006, when I heard that a 'Dungeons & Dragons Online' MMO was being released.

After playing in a few RPGA tabletop sessions, I found 3rd/3.5 Edition noticably rife with generation Y elements, sometimes verging on anime cartoonery, although I enjoyed the deep complexity of it. My worst fears were realised in 4th Edition, which was completely alien to me, D&D in name only.

I'd say the brand will have to lapse into obscurity now, before being revived in a generation or two's time, before we will see anything as iconic and genre unifying as Baldur's Gate again, if ever. I have high hopes ofr the 'Neverwinter' game, but I fully expect them to be dashed.
Tyranthraxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 12:54am   #20
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 299
Liked 182 Times in 115 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,158
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

The game's going to be a free-to-play MMO now so...

Quote:
Well, that's what we do at Cryptic, and PWE. We make MMOs. From the beginning, we really wanted to make Neverwinter into a true MMO. However, due to development constraints imposed by Atari, we were originally making Neverwinter an Online Co-Op RPG.

Once we were purchased by PWE, we were allowed to take the extra time we needed to really make Neverwinter into a true MMO. Which we're very excited about.

We're full believers that we can deliver a tried and true D&D Experience, as well as an excellent MMO experience at the same time.

Thanks,

Stormshade
(Source.)

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 1:15am   #21
damedog
Gems: 13/31
Latest gem: Ziose

Like: 12
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,471
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Getting OnPosting ProfessionalLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!Posting Guru
damedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nice

Another MMO?! God, I am so sick of them. Hey, let's remove all aspects of coherent story in favor of repetitive XP mining with no real purpose, all so we can charge the consumer monthly and make them pay for extra content that should just be part of the game in the first place. Say goodbye to the age of games as art, no more gems like Final Fantasy Tactics or PS:T. Why bother when we can make more money without any real creative effort?
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 1:09pm   #22
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

damedog hit the nail on the head. Minus the final Fantasy bit.
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 3:58pm   #23
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgrim View Post
damedog hit the nail on the head. Minus the final Fantasy bit.
Hey, Tactics mighnt not of been as challenging as PST, but it was a lot of fun to play. And it was replayable!
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 5:13pm   #24
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Its 4th edition, isn`t it?
Old Mon, 2nd Apr '12, 5:31pm   #25
damedog
Gems: 13/31
Latest gem: Ziose

Like: 12
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,471
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Getting OnPosting ProfessionalLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!Posting Guru
damedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nice

I personally thought the story for Tactics was quite well done and very daring for the series. An oppressed peasant class fighting for freedom, corrupt companies colluding with governments, nobles who will do anything for more power, idealistic and later disenchanted main characters, and interesting debates between these differing themes when the characters meet in battle. It was so complicated it took me 3 playthroughs to finally get a grasp on everything that was going on.