Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > Mod Reviews

Notices

Mod Reviews For discussions about our reviews of mods for the games covered on SP. Only authorized reviewers can open new threads (i.e. post their reviews), but everyone is welcome to comment on the reviews. Specific gameplay questions about a certain mod should be posted in the appropriate game forum, not here.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Sun, 18th May '08, 10:53am   #151
Cal Jones
I'm not dead yet

Bubble Trouble Champion! Stack The Cats Champion!
Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 832
Level: 10
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Cal Jones will become famous soon enough

PM'd you with it.
Cal Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 4th Jun '08, 10:14pm   #152
Deathmage
Arrr!

Like: 1
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,865
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnBlogbieNew Delivery
Deathmage is a jewel in the roughDeathmage is a jewel in the roughDeathmage is a jewel in the rough

Can someone review the Fade NPC mod?
Deathmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 24th Aug '08, 5:21pm   #153
Tamrhind
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 257
Level: 5
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Tamrhind is on a distinguished road
Powerhouse "Palddins"?

I'll clarify at the outset that I'm 'merely' a gamer, in no way associated with or even knowledgeable about, modding.

That said, only yesterday, I came across one which sounds awesome!
Here's part of the blurb:

"The PoF includes 6 new cities – Neverwinter ( Blacklake District, Docks ), Baldur’s Gate, Waterdeep (Trade District, Docks ), Targos ( City center, Docks ), Siluvanede (elvish city) and Har–Al–Dur (cleric city) – each of them has it’s own CITY–QUEST. It’s a large quest, mostly about the help for the city or the rescue of it.

Other Features:

The PoF mod brings you a lot of new areas (150), which you can visit. – e.g. The Anauroch desert, Islands, Shaar, High Forest and many others – see section screenshots.

• Creatures • 50+ new creatures and new animations – barbarians, worg riders, new thieves animations and more – see section screenshots.

• Quests • Aside from the main quests and the city–quests, you will walk into another 35 regular quests and many other mini–quests.

• Items • PoF mod offers you new types of weapons – Broad sword, Falx, Falchion, Stars, Pikes, Partisans, Tridents, Battle axes, Two handed Bastard swords, Magic books and new types of armour. Except the new types, we have add 200 new magic items – see section content.

• Graphics and sound • PoF brings whole new GUI to the game, alters graphic of all BG2 items into IWD 2 graphic, adds 10–15 entirely new locations. New sounds in the cities, in battles. Part of PoF are also czech voices to dialogs, only czech – see section screenshots.

• NPCs • In the first version of PoF you will encounter only one entire and 3 tutorial (You will find these NPC’s only in PoF prologue) JoinAble NPC – Kevhorn. I plan to add up to 3 new NPC’s to the next version – see section content.

• Kits • PoF kitpack replaces all the old kits with 3 new kits for each class"

(http://pof.sigil.cz/en/about/)

Tamrhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 29th Aug '08, 3:57am   #154
Duiuz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 237
vBActivity - Bars
Duiuz is on a distinguished road

It'd be nice to hear people's opinions on PPG's One Day NPCs: Tiax, Ghareth, Alassa and Hessa.
Duiuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 30th Jul '09, 1:14am   #155
Debatra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 204
vBActivity - Bars
Debatra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Debatra

I'd like to see IWD2's "Light of Selűne", "Tactics4IWD2", "Tweaked Experience Tables", "IWD2 Subraces Pack" and "Feats & Skills Mod".
Debatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 2nd Sep '09, 6:18pm   #156
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,552
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

Any of the BG1, IWD1 or IWD2 mods that aren't already reviewed. I'd prefer to keep everything on Sorcerer's so you don't search a bunch of sites for info in case you experience issues.
Old Wed, 10th Feb '10, 8:17pm   #157
Duiuz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Now that I think of it, Tsujatha!

Rip that pretenteousness apart!
Old Thu, 11th Feb '10, 4:43pm   #158
Shrikant
SPS Account Holder
Swords! Not words!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 5,937
Level: 23
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Shrikant is on a distinguished road

Either my eyes are gone or my memory ... i kinda remember about 2 page fulls of mod reviews ... what happened to the rest ... if they did exist :??
Shrikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 11th Feb '10, 4:46pm   #159
8people Points for Confirmed Friends
SPS Account Holder
8 is just another way of looking at infinite

Like: 77
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 19,638
Level: 39
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements To Read Me is To Love MeFamousBronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna ShareJunior Blogger
8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future8people has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to 8people Send a message via Yahoo to 8people

Make sure on the forum view you are viewing topics from 'the beginning' so all topics show up, not just the recent ones
8people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, 12th Feb '10, 12:00am   #160
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 299
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,163
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

That's the default for this forum... maybe he has a different overriding selection set in his profile.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 2nd Mar '10, 3:53pm   #161
Tillix
Gems: 5/31
Latest gem: Andar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 630
Level: 8
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Tillix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tillix

I wonder if someone tried
"Icewind Dale II NPC Project"
from gibberling33.net
and (even more interesting)
"Icewind Dale NPCs"
from pocketplane.

If i find the time, I'll do a review myself for the IWD1 part, but this would be late summer i guess...
Old Tue, 2nd Mar '10, 4:12pm   #162
Caradhras
I may be bad... but I feel gooood!

Like: 9
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,441
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Caradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud ofCaradhras has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillix View Post
I wonder if someone tried
"Icewind Dale II NPC Project"
from gibberling33.net
and (even more interesting)
"Icewind Dale NPCs"
from pocketplane.

If i find the time, I'll do a review myself for the IWD1 part, but this would be late summer i guess...
I've played both mods, the writing is outstanding. You may want to use Dalekeeper to change a few things in the IWD2 NPC mod because it's certainly not a powergamer's dream party but as far as NPC mods go these two mods are top quality mods.

I never thought about writing a review due to my limited gaming time (that is entirely devoted to DAO at the moment) but these mods are definitely worthy of reviews.
Old Tue, 2nd Mar '10, 4:22pm   #163
Tillix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Thanks Caradhras,
they are both on my "to play" list then ;-)
Old Tue, 2nd Mar '10, 4:32pm   #164
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,552
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

I 2nd Carahras on IWD NPCs. It was excellent. My wife, a nongamer, paused a few times to listen to the dialogue while I was playing thru it. She dislikes games and gaming altogether, but this mod gave her pause. I would call that some darn good credentials. Almost converted her...almost.
Old Wed, 3rd Mar '10, 12:52pm   #165
Tillix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

keep trying, blades, keep trying!!
Old Sun, 28th Mar '10, 4:14pm   #166
True Neutral

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 206
vBActivity - Bars
True Neutral is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to True Neutral

I would like to see the Virtue Mod for Baldur's Gate 2 reviewed and allow for modifications of the law/chaos axis. Now they said it wasn't feasible. I believe there are many things you do in Baldur's Gate that could affect your alignment. I believe they did not add the law/chaos axis because they were mistaken about it. Like I said in one of my previous posts, Law for example doesn't just mean you are following the law all time, you actually promote. Neutral (on the law/chaos axis) is usually a middle state just like neutral (on the good/evil axis). A neutral character (law/chaos axis) may follow the law all the time but that doesn't mean he is promoting it.

A few examples based on consequences of actions :

Law : 1) When someone asks you to do something that is non-disruptive, and you achieve you mission sucessfuly, it should be considered a minor/moderate lawful act. That would mean a lot of script work in BG.

2) Saying the truth even though it would be against your conscience to do so is a minor lawful act.

3) Allowing a helpless foe to surrender would be a minor lawful act.

4) Telling others what to do when it comes to appropriate or principled behaviour would be a moderate/major act.

etc.

Neutral (anything that is neither lawful or chaotic) :

1) Following the law without advancing any form of order.

2) Leave criminals/forces of authority undisrupted

3) Refusing to do something chaotic that would be beneficial.

etc.

Chaos : 1) Using magic illegally in town would be a major chaotic act.

2) Stealing when someone notices you would be a minor/moderate chaotic act.

3) Killing someone while being noticed would be a moderate/major chaotic act.

4) Betraying individuals/groups/organisations that owed your thrust (like Shadow Thieves and Vampires) would involve minor/major chaotic acts.

etc.

Last edited by True Neutral; Sun, 28th Mar '10 at 4:26pm.
True Neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 15th May '10, 12:08am   #167
Duiuz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

At this point, anything!

I'm eager to see some life return here!
Old Mon, 11th Jul '11, 12:02am   #168
Duiuz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I'm probably gonna be in trouble for a 1.3 year old double posting but I must know!

So... Is this board dead? That'd be a tragic shame if nobody reviewed mods for us and gave them the justice they deserve.

I'd do reviews myself were I allowed, but I digress. I hope this isn't the end.
Old Mon, 11th Jul '11, 1:27am   #169
Taluntain Points for Posts
SPS Account Holder
Founder
Resident Alpha and Omega

Like: 299
Liked 183 Times in 116 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 54,163
Level: 58
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnEverybody Loves Me!Wanna Share
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Taluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant futureTaluntain has a brilliant future

Well, this specific forum is pretty dead, yes... nobody seems interested in doing the actual reviewing any more. If you'd like to, you'd be very welcome. Everyone can post the reviews - check out this thread for info.

Join the Sorcerer's Place page!
Taluntain is offline   Reply With Quote