Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > Icewind Dale

Notices

Icewind Dale For posts concerning Black Isle Studios' Icewind Dale and the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions. (Check out our IWD Online Walkthrough).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 6th Sep '11, 7:53pm   #1
Gunaklou
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 130
Level: 4
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatA Little Bird Told Me
Gunaklou is on a distinguished road
Default HoW: unable to complete the werewolf quest in Lonelywood.

Hi guys!

Ok here's the deal: in my game I when i came back from the Burial isles I encountered the werewolf, attacked it, talked to the last of the 3 brother, talked to Purvis, talk the Emmerich about the curse and told him I would look for a way to stop it.

From there, every walkthrough I check tells me to go talk to Kerian Nye so he can give me an object to help Emmerich, but the option is not appearing for me in the dialogue with Kerian. Yes I have discovered his back room and I have the option to buy is special items.

Did anyone encountered this or have anyway to help me out?

Thanks!
Gunaklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 6th Sep '11, 8:56pm   #2
T2Bruno Points for Reputation (Received)
SPS Account Holder
The only source of knowledge is experience

Like: 41
Liked 129 Times in 98 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 22,948
Level: 42
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
T2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute

I just did this and didn't have any issues, but the dialog option doesn't just pop up on the first level of the thread -- you need to talk to him about rumors or what's going on in the town. It takes some examination of the talking threads to finally get the item. It's not a purchased item, he gives it after the dialog. You may want to talk to Emmerich and the brother again just to be sure you hit all the required subjects with them.

If you exhaust the dialog options you should get to it eventually.
Old Tue, 6th Sep '11, 9:50pm   #3
Gunaklou

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatA Little Bird Told Me

I've tried all you said:

1- The last of the brother does not have anymore talking option and can only say farewell to him

2- I've checked with Emmerich and the same happen; he does not want to talk to me as long as he is a Werewolf

3- When I talk to Kerian I can only talk to him about the barbarians, drinks, Items and lodging. I have tried every options.

So I am out of option here
Old Tue, 6th Sep '11, 10:06pm   #4
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,552
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

You still have an option...

"Wonder Twins Power Activate! Form of: Previous Saved Game".
Old Wed, 7th Sep '11, 5:09pm   #5
kmonster
Gems: 24/31
Latest gem: Water Opal

Just grind the XP you missed for not doing this quest elsewhere.
kmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, 7th Sep '11, 5:36pm   #6
Gunaklou

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

While the 420k xp is nice, my principal problem with this is that Emmerich won't sell me anymore arrows and my ranger is getting quite low on ammunition...

any other place I can get arrows/bolts?
Old Wed, 7th Sep '11, 11:49pm   #7
kmonster
Gems: 24/31
Latest gem: Water Opal

You can buy magical ammo in Gloomfrost, in TotL there's also a merchant. If you can go back to Kuldahar you can buy ammo there.

If Emmerich is useless to you you can kill him for very good equipment (including the by far best bow in the game) reputation and therefore shop prices will get worse however.

If you're desperate you can get arrows by casting animate dead or monster summoning 1 or 2 to get skeleton or goblin archers you can kill to loot their arrows.

Last edited by kmonster; Thu, 8th Sep '11 at 12:14am.
kmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, 8th Sep '11, 1:03am   #8
Wolfrick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 137
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Wolfrick is on a distinguished road

Hi all,i think it is a good idea to talk to the cleric after learning of Emmerich being a werewolf, if my memory is right he knows of Kierans artefact
Wolfrick is offline   Reply With Quote