Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > The Temple of Elemental Evil

Notices

The Temple of Elemental Evil For posts concering Troika's Dungeons & Dragons: The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure. (Check out our ToEE Online Walkthrough).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 3rd Jan '12, 1:15am   #1
Henry
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 91
Level: 3
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryA Little Bird Told Me
Henry is on a distinguished road
Default Sorcerer can't level up to 10?

Hello all,

First time poster here after some help. Think I have exhausted the search functions for finding if this has been solved elsewhere so hope you don't mind me starting a thread.

I am playing the unmodded game and my sorcerer character has just reached enough experince to reach level 10. However, I encounter a problem when it comes to the spell selection part of leveling up I can go no further as the character already has all the level 0 spells availible and yet I cannot progress to the 'finish' screen with an empty level 0 slot!

I've installed patch 2 and Moebius's patch since but still encountering the problem. Any ideas appreciated!
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 30th Dec '12, 4:10am   #2
spmdw45
Gems: 8/31
Latest gem: Skydrop

Like: 9
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 850
Level: 10
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Writers CrampHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
spmdw45 will become famous soon enough

Huh. That shouldn't happen. Either you somehow got an extra level 0 spell that you shouldn't have, or your game is missing a level 0 spell. In the interests of narrowing things down, which level 0 spells does your guy have?

One possible fix involves going back to Hommlet's inn, dropping your guy from the party, and re-adding him to the party from his level 1 template, then consoling his XP back up to what it was before via game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_experience, Y) where X is his zero-based index in the party (first is 0, last is 4) and Y is his experience level.

-Max
spmdw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, 30th Dec '12, 7:01pm   #3
Darion
SPS Account Holder
Resident Dissident

Like: 26
Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,975
Level: 14
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting ProfessionalA Little Bird Told MePosting GuruNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Darion has a spectacular aura aboutDarion has a spectacular aura about

I'm afraid the two official patches and Moebius are not enough.
And the patches are not retroactive for older saves.

I would suggest, that you get the Circle of Eight mod for Temple of Elemental Evil.
Co8 Link
It has more fixes than most unofficial ones.

You don't even need to install the new content, and simply play vanilla flavored ToEE with all the fixes available.