Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Miscellaneous Forums > Creativity Surge

Notices

Creativity Surge For writings, music, art, videos etc. produced by the members of Boards o' Magick. Add your own original creation to the ranks and receive feedback from our members! Please add a tag to each new thread title that will identify the type of your content. Example tags: (Story), (Art), (Poetry), (Music), (Video) etc.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 11:58am   #1
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

Like: 139
Liked 72 Times in 52 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 9,131
Level: 28
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieThe Popular OneNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Master of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help me with some Dwarven Limericks!

I'm about to play a dwarven barbarian/battlerager (races of faerun prc) and pious templar of Hanseath, the dwarven deity of war, alcohol and carousal.
For the battlerager prc you need 2 ranks in Perform (Sing) and Perform (any). I chose Comedy for the last, with a focus on limericks (and joketelling) Charisma is his dumpstat, though.

I want to come up with some limericks. I made some, but I need more. And because my English isn't as good as most of yours, rhyming becomes a bit difficult. I thought it might be a good idea (and fun) to ask you to make some limericks that dwarves might sing. So please let me hear what you got!

Here are the ones I made sofar:

There once was a Dark-elven bowman
aiming at me for a moment
I spat "Boy, you wish
you had the stomach for this"
as my axe opened up his abdomen.

There once was a dragon chromatic
who was anything but ascetic.
It came to our feast
and drank like a beast,
but compared to a dwarf it's pathetic!

In humanlands, the greatest brewers
make ten kegs of beer, maybe fewer.
Neither tasty, nor strong,
that piss does belong
with the rest of it, down in the sewers.

Last edited by Master of Nuhn; Tue, 28th Feb '12 at 12:50pm.
Master of Nuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 5:07pm   #2
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Nice!

How's this:

There once was a dwarf named Bombur
Whose skull-cracking skills were unsure
He took to the axe
Excelled that's the facts
Now skulls disappear from shoulders!
Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 5:11pm   #3
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,445
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

A neighbor of mine shaved his beard
Without it, he really looked weird
His wife made him pay
For a used face toupee
But it made him look worse that we feared

My cousin’s a dwarf we call “Tiny”
Who keeps his axe polished and shiny
He’s shorter than most
But at least he can boast
That he head-butts his foes in the hiney

Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 5:19pm   #4
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Ha!

A dwarf to a man may seem small
It's true that they're really not tall
But when orcs come on down
From mounts to your town
Who else would you want on the wall?

Last edited by Blackthorne TA; Tue, 28th Feb '12 at 7:35pm.
Blackthorne TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 6:35pm   #5
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BlogbieThe Popular OneNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Master of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of lightMaster of Nuhn is a glorious beacon of light

Haha! This is cool! As a dwarf would say: You guys rock!
Old Tue, 28th Feb '12, 7:56pm   #6
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Dwarves are the greatest of fighters
Peerless when fighting the blighters
Their slaughter was good
Dead stacked up like wood
So please go get me a lighter
Old Wed, 29th Feb '12, 7:52pm   #7
Splunge
SPS Account Holder

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

A tankard of dark dwarven ale
Will go to your head without fail
Notwithstanding your height
You could get in a fight
And you’ll have your arse sitting in jail
Old Wed, 29th Feb '12, 8:16pm   #8
T2Bruno Points for Reputation (Received)
SPS Account Holder
The only source of knowledge is experience

Like: 37
Liked 127 Times in 97 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 22,879
Level: 42
vBActivity - Bars
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
T2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond reputeT2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing like a fine dwarven lass
Stout, strong, a nice beard, and quite crass
So much like a man
Cop a feel if you can
Lest you wake with a pain in your.....
Old Wed, 29th Feb '12, 8:21pm   #9
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 88
Liked 68 Times in 55 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,506
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Trend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

da orcs are grunts
da goblins are runts
da humans are weak
da elves are freaks
and our dwarf-maids have hairy cheeks!
Old Wed, 29th Feb '12, 8:54pm   #10
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Dwarves, they do love them some beerage
Their lust for it is without peerage
They drink far and wide
Wherever they abide
Especially when trapped down in steerage
Old Wed, 29th Feb '12, 9:03pm   #11
damedog
Gems: 13/31
Latest gem: Ziose

Like: 12
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,455
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting ProfessionalLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!Posting GuruWriters Cramp
damedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nicedamedog is just really nice

There once was a dwarf by the sea,
who's head was barely up to my knee.
I made fun of his height,
and before I could fight
he had cut me down like a tree.
Old Fri, 2nd Mar '12, 7:02pm   #12
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Thanks guys! Those are great!

I made a sort of ballad-like song that my character would sing. Not really limericks, I think, cause the lines are longer. I'm quite content with it and I imagine it's sung on the melody of The Limerick Rake:

I am a fellow both crazy and bold,
protected by armor worth thousands of gold.
I'll never get wise,
just because my demise
will arive way before I get old.

I love me a hooker and skewers of pork
after fighting off giants, hobgoblins and orcs.
The guards of the keeps
often find me asleep
among bottles of liquor uncorked.

In bloodstained gear I spend many a night
at the temple of Hanseath, right after my fights.
I dance, laugh and cheer
and I'm drinking my beer
'till the rooster would herald the light.

Some day my heart stops to beat, but what gives?
Men only fear death if they don't truly live.
So when at last
my own life comes to pass
you might call it a blessing or gift.

Always remember my soul is at peace,
'cause I know I'll be joining the ranks of Hanseath.
Put my corpse on a pyre,
then set me afire
and honor my life with a feast.
Old Sun, 4th Mar '12, 9:55pm   #13
Splunge
SPS Account Holder

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Nice! It works really well with the song, too.
Old Fri, 9th Mar '12, 3:38pm   #14
Master of Nuhn
SPS Account Holder
Wear it like a crown

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Thanks! To be honest, I kinda based it on this melody. I was wondering what the melodies of foreign limerick songs would sound like and stumbled upon this. Also, the theme is based on the (last) lyrics: honoring a scoundrel who loved life.