Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > General Gaming Forums > The Playground

Notices

The Playground For posts about any games we don't have specific forums for, for general threads discussing games and for threads encompassing multiple games we cover in our other forums. Please add a tag to each new thread title that will identify your gaming platform if other than PC. Example tags: (PS3), (PSP), (X360), etc.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, 9th Nov '11, 6:04am   #876
Rawgrim
Gems: 21/31
Latest gem: Pearl

Like: 0
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,416
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Let's Talk...New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Rawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the rough

Finished Arkham City. I recomend it highly. Right now I am playing...nothing at all. I don`t want to start something new since I will be getting Skyrim this week. Most likely I will be playing Skyrim religiously for several months.
Old Wed, 9th Nov '11, 6:25am   #877
Marceror Points for Thread Ratings Given
SPS Account Holder
Editor
Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps

Like: 33
Liked 135 Times in 106 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 6,272
Level: 24
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Marceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud of

No gaming for me for the last month or so. Too much going on. I plan to go back to my BG2 game at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if I go for another month or so like this.

Working a lot. Still busy with my little guy (7 months), not to mention my two older boys, and the wife. Also have a pretty major home remodel that I'm planning, and since I've never done anything like this before, I'm really doing a lot of homework to get up to speed so that it all gets done right, and I don't get ripped off. Fun and frustrating at the same. Oh, and refinancing my home too, for good measure. It's a very good time to do so in the US, if you're fortunate enough not to be underwater.

Hopefully I'll be able to calm down a little later in the month and complete my BG2 runthrough. Even though it's not my usual style game, I'm pretty tempted to give Skyrim a go. Hoping I'll see Third Age Total War 3.0 out by Christmas. That's one Medieval 2 Total War conversion that is simply looking amazing.
Old Sun, 13th Nov '11, 2:24pm   #878
Ragusa
Eternal Halfling Paladin

Like: 5
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 25,576
Level: 43
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryThe Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Ragusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond repute

I am invited to be an Old Republic beta tester. I'm curious. Except for that, LotRO all the way
Old Sun, 13th Nov '11, 4:02pm   #879
The Shaman
Gems: 28/31
Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 7,049
Level: 25
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Junior BloggerBlogbieNew DeliveryI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!
The Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to beholdThe Shaman is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to The Shaman Send a message via Skype™ to The Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragusa View Post
I am invited to be an Old Republic beta tester. I'm curious. Except for that, LotRO all the way
I'm still having issues with my German, despite the courses... how do you say, "Lucky B.....d" auf Deutsch - "Glucklicher Kerl?"
Old Sun, 13th Nov '11, 10:16pm   #880
Ragusa
Eternal Halfling Paladin

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryThe Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Ragusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond reputeRagusa has a reputation beyond repute

We will see. Hopefully it's not as buggy as some people say. Whatever, I am curious ^^
Old Tue, 22nd Nov '11, 3:32pm   #881
Ragusa
Eternal Halfling Paladin

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Got access for Old Republic game testing and will download and install the client later today. It's a shame I'll have to work tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And Friday, too! Well, now, I am used to that, but the impatience!
Old Thu, 15th Dec '11, 7:40pm   #882
Erod
Gems: 14/31
Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Eastend Arrows Champion! Flying Plane Champion! X-Training Champion! Mordor Mountain Madness Champion! City Jumper: New York Champion! Big Uglies Champion!
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,894
Level: 14
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Erod has disabled reputation

Rocksteady has finally patched most of the DX11 issues in Batman: Arkham City so I can finally begin to play it. After a few hours I can only say that it is great. Basically it is like Batman: Arkham Asylum but on steroids. More about it later, now back to Arkham...
Old Sun, 18th Dec '11, 1:52pm   #883
The Kilted Crusader
The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,585
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
The Kilted Crusader will become famous soon enough

Felt the need for some ultra-violence so I've been playing some GTA liberty city stories.
Old Mon, 19th Dec '11, 7:52pm   #884
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 90
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,552
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute

BG2 again. Trying the following 3 NPC mods. Nikita, Tashia and Kivan. Probably not wise to try out all three at once, as I'll probably miss out on some built-in dialogues they would have with the Bioware NPCs, but so far so good. All three have a lot of dialogue content with the protagonist, so right now I am having discussions about my backgorund with all 3 NPCs seperately. I particularly liked it when we approached the Ogre-Mage in the Umar Hills for the Mayor, asking about the attacks. Kivan has Ogre as his species enemy. I totally forgot and was not ready for his reaction. It's stuff like that that makes mods so wonderful.
Old Mon, 19th Dec '11, 8:00pm   #885
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Bought LIMBO when it was on sale on Steam. Not a real long game, but lots of fun.
Old Thu, 22nd Dec '11, 10:31pm   #886
Blackthorne TA
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind

Just finished Portal 2. What a fantastic game; better than the original. Really funny; and unlike the original, the puzzles didn't have really tight timing requirements.
Old Wed, 4th Jan '12, 2:55pm   #887
The Kilted Crusader
The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,585
Level: 21
vBActivity - Bars
The Kilted Crusader will become famous soon enough

Skyrim. Pretty much the only thing I've played since I got it.
Old Tue, 10th Jan '12, 4:04pm   #888
Munchkin Blender

Like: 6
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,671
Level: 19
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Munchkin Blender will become famous soon enoughMunchkin Blender will become famous soon enough

Finished UnCharted 1 and Uncharted 2 over the holiday I took from work and school. I am planning to start God of War series next on the PS3. If I have time, I will play the Witcher when my TV is being used and I don't have any school work to complete, which is ususally not the case...
Old Thu, 12th Jan '12, 7:56pm   #889
Splunge
SPS Account Holder
Bhaal’s financial advisor

Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him put everything into subprime mortgages.
Like: 22
Liked 111 Times in 78 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 16,455
Level: 36
vBActivity - Bars
Awards Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Torment: Tides of Numenera!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Splunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond reputeSplunge has a reputation beyond repute

Playing Crysis. Runs fantastic on my new computer. Awesome graphics, and I'm loving the gameplay so far.
Old Sat, 14th Jan '12, 6:48pm   #890
Dice Points for Social Group Discussions
SPS Account Holder

Like: 96
Liked 78 Times in 49 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,938
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnBronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna Share
Dice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the rough

Skyrim baby! It is so nice to hang out in a world not of my own.

I also jump into Portal 2 once in a while. I could really use some portals in real life but I would prefer the two colored portals divided into two different devices and I would give the other device to a friend in a tropical country. That would work for me.
Old Sat, 14th Jan '12, 9:43pm   #891
Darion
SPS Account Holder
Resident Dissident

Like: 29
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,085
Level: 15
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnPaper WeightPosting Professional
Darion has a spectacular aura aboutDarion has a spectacular aura about

I'm enjoying a brand-new install of Baldurs Gate BWP.

Icewind Dale with the ever so cool NPC mod. Quite well done.

Daggerfall. Fired it up for fun and still playing.
Old Wed, 8th Feb '12, 1:38am   #892
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnThree's a CrowdI'm Not Alone!
Marceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud ofMarceror has much to be proud of

Officially starting Skyrim, after letting it collect dust on my shelf for several weeks. My Third Age Total War run was excellent prior to this, and I'm sure I'll go back to it after the next patch.

But for now, it's time to go back to RPG land and see what a fighter-mage can accomplish in Skyrim!
Old Fri, 9th Mar '12, 10:47pm   #893
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

Almost no time for gaming lately. That said, in light of Skyrim not sucking me in as I had hoped, I've switched gears and picked up the Rise of the Samurai campaign for Total War Shogun 2. I also picked up the over-the-top "blood pack" DLC for $1.49, so now battles look like old school Samurai movies with every character possessing around 10x more blood than your average mortal, and instead of veins they have hoses that ensure the spray will cover some good distance. Very therapeutic. Now, if only I had a little more free time on my hands.

Last edited by Marceror; Sat, 10th Mar '12 at 12:25am. Reason: typo
Old Fri, 9th Mar '12, 11:15pm   #894
Rawgrim

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,416
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Let's Talk...New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Rawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the rough

Mass Effect 3. Very good game up untill the ending. The ending, miraculously enough, managed to destroy the entire series in 15 minutes.
Old Sat, 10th Mar '12, 9:25pm   #895
Faye
Life is funny. When you get a chance to leave, you find a reason to stay

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,948
Level: 14
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Faye has a spectacular aura aboutFaye has a spectacular aura about

Mass Effect 3. While I agree with you, perhaps you should have put a spoiler tag on your post rawgrim.
Old Sun, 11th Mar '12, 12:31am   #896
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

In fairness, Rawgrim didn't tell us any details about the ending, except that he really didn't like it. I'm not sure that requires a spoiler.

I might play it and love the ending. I don't feel spoiled.
Old Tue, 20th Mar '12, 3:33pm   #897
Dice Points for Social Group Discussions
SPS Account Holder

Like: 96
Liked 78 Times in 49 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 11,938
Level: 32
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnBronzed Blogging God(dess)Wanna Share
Dice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the roughDice is a jewel in the rough

I'm playing Zen Pinball. The story isn't that great but the action is astounding. I wish I was playing Mass Effect 3 but its good that I'm not because I would get too hooked into it.
Old Tue, 20th Mar '12, 7:16pm   #898
Darion
SPS Account Holder
Resident Dissident

Like: 29
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,085
Level: 15
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnPaper WeightPosting Professional
Darion has a spectacular aura aboutDarion has a spectacular aura about

Rome Total War : RTR mod.

One of the best mods for RTW.
Old Fri, 23rd Mar '12, 4:36am   #899
SPS Account Holder
Editor

vBActivity - Stats
vBActivity - Bars

I'm 130 turns into my Rise of the Samurai as Kamakura Minamoto campaign and very much enjoying it. I've hit Realm Divide and now my only ally is my sister faction, Kiso Minamoto. It's us against the rest of Japan, and it's brilliant.

Kiso Minamoto has way more provinces than I do, several of which I need to win the game. Eventually I will come into conflict with them, and that's a scary thought, as their territories share numerous borders with my own, and it's going to be hard to defend everything I've got against such a massive, powerful faction.

For the moment though, we have plenty of enemies to keep us occupied, and the experience is truly worthy of the name Total War!

ION, I am downloading the brand new Fall of the Samurai campaign as I type and can't wait not only for it, but for the MANY, MANY, MANY improvements to the overall game engine and game play. It's a free patch that effects the Sengoku Jidai, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai campaigns!

Fall of the Samurai jumps ahead 300 years from the original game's time frame to the Boshin war, pitting the forces of the Shogun against those loyal to the Emperor. This time we have lots of guns, cannons, Gatling guns and even iron clad war ships. Navies can bombard ports, and ports can even create large gun emplacements to protect themselves. And perhaps the coolest new feature is the addition of railways for the first time in a Total War game. I can't wait to transport my slow Gatling guns across the map in super fast trains!

It will be sad to see the Samurai fall... or maybe, I'll see if I can rewrite history and keep the Samurai legacy going.
Old Fri, 18th May '12, 5:03pm   #900
Lynx Lupo
Gems: 6/31
Latest gem: Jasper

Like: 1
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 760
Level: 9
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Script WriterNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Lynx Lupo is on a distinguished road

Wesnoth again, with yet another user made campaign. I recommend it to turn-based strategy lovers — it has a KISS approach, but still enough depth to keep you going. Some of the fan made campaigns put the scripting engine to a real test, adding more rpg elements and complications.
And it's free.