Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Non-D&D Games Forums > Dragon Age 3

Notices

Dragon Age 3 For posts concerning BioWare's third game in the Dragon Age series.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Wed, 18th Apr '12, 3:28pm   #1
Munchkin Blender
Gems: 21/31
Latest gem: Pearl

Like: 6
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,665
Level: 19
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Munchkin Blender will become famous soon enoughMunchkin Blender will become famous soon enough
Default Prior Game Choices to Impact DAIII - I really hope so

Im excited for DAIII development. I hope Bioware is good on its word that DAIII will improve upon the importing of prior game accomplishments. If this is true I cant wait to play DAIII with my most recently completed DAII game and the initial DAII game I completed over a year ago.

Play through 1:
Dragon Age Origins - Dalish Elf that completed the ritual with Morrigan and went through the mirror with her, killed Loghain, Alister became King, killed Anoria, Lord Harromont ruled Orzzamar, changed the Werewolves back to humans, freed the mages, let the Architech live, killed the demon in Connor, and killed Flemeth
Dragon Age II Hawk as a rogue - was a nice guy and completed all companions quest, sided with the mages, all companions lived, and Bethany was part of the Circle which is why Hawk sided with the mages, and killed Anders

Play through 2:
Dragon Age Origins: Human Male completed ritual with Morrigan and search for his child but she left him behind, Loghain became a warden, Alister became king marrying Anoria, Behlen became king of Orzzamar, changed werewolves back to humans, freed the mages, killed the Architech, took demon offer so Connor will become possessed, did not kill Flemeth, only companions in DAO was Alister, Morrigan, and Leliana others were released or killed, DA: Awakening Andre was sent with the Templars and the rest of the companions were recruited.
Dragon Age II Hawk as Mage Confrontational jerk that completed all companion quest, sided with Templars until the very end where mages were picked, Fenris died as he did not like Hawks choice, Anders lived and Sebertain left as he did not like the fact that Anders lived after blowing up the Chantry, completed both Legacy and MoA.
Of the two completed play through I really would like to see how DAIII incorporates all of the choices made in the prior two games.
Munchkin Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 28th Apr '12, 9:49am   #2
henkie
SPS Account Holder
Hammertime

Liked 52 Times in 41 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,616
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Master PosterHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!
henkie will become famous soon enoughhenkie will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't get my hopes too high up. Assuming DA3 works off only the save of DA2, it's fully dependant on which variables were saved from DA:O in DA2. Given the rushjob that was DA2, I would expect this was no more than was necessary for that game alone (and which was even then by most accounts not much).

On the other hand, it could be that they saved as many variables as they could in DA2 because they didn't have the time to sort through it properly, too.

Hard to say what has actually been saved in DA2, but if you don't get your hopes up, there'll be less chance of those hopes being dashed.

Likes (1):
henkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 30th Apr '12, 3:54pm   #3
Munchkin Blender

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,665
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Happy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
Munchkin Blender will become famous soon enoughMunchkin Blender will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkie View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes too high up. Assuming DA3 works off only the save of DA2, it's fully dependant on which variables were saved from DA:O in DA2. Given the rushjob that was DA2, I would expect this was no more than was necessary for that game alone (and which was even then by most accounts not much).

On the other hand, it could be that they saved as many variables as they could in DA2 because they didn't have the time to sort through it properly, too.

Hard to say what has actually been saved in DA2, but if you don't get your hopes up, there'll be less chance of those hopes being dashed.
It could be a combination of both. We don't know right now as we are not on the development team for Bioware. The only thing I hope for from DA3 is that it is not a repeat of DA2. If it is; well I know it will be my last Bioware game purchased.
Munchkin Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 16th Jul '12, 4:11pm   #4
eraeraera
Gems: 1/31
Latest gem: Turquoise

Like: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 94
Level: 3
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat
eraeraera is on a distinguished road

dragon age 2 is sucked the story was too bad but in DAO it was awesome one of the best stories i have ever played i hope EA GAMES do not touch Dragon age 3 like they do to Dragon age 2 we dont wanna graphics we want some STORY like our old school games
eraeraera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 28th Jul '12, 9:29am   #5
pplr
Gems: 17/31
Latest gem: Star Diopside

Like: 24
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 2,667
Level: 16
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements I'm Not Alone!New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
pplr is a splendid one to beholdpplr is a splendid one to beholdpplr is a splendid one to beholdpplr is a splendid one to beholdpplr is a splendid one to beholdpplr is a splendid one to behold

It probably won't show but it would be nice if some of the side quests showed up. For example, I usually put an effort into helping the mage collective. Such a collective could provide a building block for new mage society structures if mages or some of them want to be outside the circles in any sizable numbers.
pplr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, 28th Jul '12, 1:45pm   #6
Topken
Gems: 11/31
Latest gem: Bloodstone

Like: 2
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 1,276
Level: 12
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Posting GuruWriters CrampBlogbieHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Topken will become famous soon enough

From what I gather it sounds like they did a lusy job of this with MassEffect in that your choices from the first game dont really affect game 3 which just sucks hopefully its not the same with Dragon Age 3 and hopefully they do it so that you can import your Dragon Age 1 game into 3 and just skip the mess that is DA2. That would be the best and have it so that you just get generic choices from DA2 or give us a list of choices that we can choose from so that we can at least have some choice in the matter lol. Because a number of us have yet to touch the wreck that is DA2 and some of us just will not touch it.
Old Sat, 28th Jul '12, 3:12pm   #7
Rawgrim

Like: 0
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,410
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Let's Talk...New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!
Rawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the roughRawgrim is a jewel in the rough

Topken speaks the truth!
Rawgrim is offline   Reply With Quote