Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Non-D&D Games Forums > The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Notices

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim For posts concerning Bethesda Softworks' The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, its expansions and various DLC.

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Fri, 27th Apr '12, 8:02pm   #1
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
Mod Reviewer
Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking

Froggster Champion! Gold Miner Champion! Straw Game Champion! Tubin Champion! Worm Catcher Champion!
Like: 29
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 30,291
Level: 47
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shouts

My current thing is acquiring as many dragon shouts as I can get my hands on. I'm just repeatedly going to talk to the Gray Beards and picking up quest after quest for shouts. I have a pretty good sampling at this point, and I just feel the need to point out that unless you get all three words, shouts kinda suck.

Unrelenting Force is totally useless until you get the third word, as are many of the others. (Although Fire Breath with three words is actually pretty good. it's like a combination Unrelenting Force with fire damage.) And Whisper is certainly not bad either, as one of the few that is good without knowing all three words. Whirlwind sprint has utility, but only in a select few situations.
Old Sat, 28th Apr '12, 9:29am   #2
joacqin
Confused Jerk

Like: 8
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 14,245
Level: 34
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryParty of Five
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
joacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant futurejoacqin has a brilliant future

I used become ethereal a lot on my mage. Blast my mana, become ethereal and run away to regen or just as a panic button while the summon did what it could.
joacqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, 30th Apr '12, 2:45pm   #3
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
Mod Reviewer
Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking

Froggster Champion! Gold Miner Champion! Straw Game Champion! Tubin Champion! Worm Catcher Champion!
Like: 29
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 30,291
Level: 47
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnNew DeliveryHappy Anniversary!
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I use Become Ethereal is when I make my way to an area only to discover it's at the top of a cliff. Rather than walk around, it's become ethereal and jump.