Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > D&D Games Forums > Icewind Dale 2

Notices

Icewind Dale 2 For posts concerning Black Isle Studios' sequel to Icewind Dale. (Check out our IWD2 Walkthroughs).

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old Fri, 4th May '12, 8:15pm   #1
Blades of Vanatar
Vanatar will rise again

Like: 93
Liked 70 Times in 56 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 10,591
Level: 30
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Feeling OldGetting OnTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!BoM Experienced
Awards Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
Blades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond reputeBlades of Vanatar has a reputation beyond repute
Question about "Muling"

Let's say I have 3 level 10 characters and add a fresh, level 1 character and then the level 1 character dies. If I keep that dead level 1 character in my party, will it still bring down my average level or do they have to be alive to do so?
Old Sat, 5th May '12, 10:39am   #2
Sir Rechet
I speak maths and logic, not stupid

Like: 3
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 3,160
Level: 18
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements Battle-scarred VeteranFeeling OldGetting OnMaster PosterNew Delivery
Sir Rechet is just really niceSir Rechet is just really niceSir Rechet is just really niceSir Rechet is just really nice

The mule need to be alive at the moment when the kill that awards the exp is made.

In other words, you can still cash in even if your low level mule gets hit by a damage over time effect such as Melf's Acid Arrow by wasting the opposition before the lowbie kicks the bucket.

Conversely, once you're happy with the levels of your main characters, you can reap MASSIVE kill exp for your mules by committing suicide with the high level dudes right before the opposition starts to crumble. Say, by letting them "mistakenly" stand within the area of effect of Horrid Wilting that wipes the smirk off the face of the enemies gathered around them for an "easy kill" and let the mules finish them off? Just leave one decently leveled Cleric out of it so that you can resurrect everyone afterwards..
Sir Rechet is offline   Reply With Quote