1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I have another 2t hard drive around somewhere with XP/7PRO loaded on it and will try to find it. Not as easy as it sounds. I could update the 7 partition to 10 and put my old games on XP. PIA!

ConjurerDragon, I will try the above after updating the newer machine. Bye the way I have a cassette Walkman that is hooked to a speaker system and is not hooked to my head! ;-D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was confused for a bit as to why you would need 7 partitions and why you would want 3 more, then I realized you were talking about Win versions. For an easy multi-boot setup, you should have all desired systems present during installation, so that Windows can set it up automatically (I think that still happens). Otherwise you have to change drive priorities in BIOS whenever you want to switch.

4. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Crap, I forgot that. Need more coffee and to think deeper than the surface!

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In regard of making the same character for every game, well, most of us do it. When you start any rpg people who like to play with mages, play mages.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Most of who? Because in my experience, that's not the case with most dedicated roleplayers.

7. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    For the first times i played BG1&2 and IWD 1&2 i had 1 character i recreated as the PC/party leader for each game, a half elven f/m/c - with a name that's an anagram of my actual name irl, as a kind of fantasy alter-ego. :shake:

However, as time went on and i played other games and replayed the ones just mentioned, i kind of drifted away from that and started creating different characters, with different classes/backgrounds/alignments, etc, etc.

Not to say my fantasy alter-ego doesn't still exist, just to a lesser degree - in new games i play that have character creation, i'll still usually make a character with that same name for my first playthrough, and if i can i go with a class that combines fighting/magic because that's what has my preference, but i do tailor the character and his actions to the story of that particular game.
    It's usually on subsequent playthroughs where I've gotten a better feel for the gameworld that i go nuts on character creation and make all kinds of quirky characters. :D

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    When you play the pseudo rpg's with the character creation of a five year old clild, you still make mage types if you made those a lot in dice rpg's.

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    not necessarily though, even though i prefer having some kind of magic abilities on my main characters, when i first played through pillars of eternity i played a barbarian, full on melee style - simply because i had just finished playing DA:I with a mage character, so i was in the mood for something else. :rolleyes:

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I think I literally stare at blank space, doing absolutely nothing, for half a day every day in the summer.

Arguably, that's what I do every other season as well.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You could get a really lucrative job as a Blank Space Starer.

Just as soon as a position opens up! :D

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I just can't function in the summer. It's like a very long, annual reminder that I need to move to a colder climate.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    I just turn the A/C on and can manage, but without it, this heat would certainly be unbearable.

14. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Consider carefully where to move because heat isn´t restricted to the obvious places. Saturday and Sunday I had 29,9 degrees (Celsius) in my living room (84? degrees of Fahrenheit) despite open windows at night and closed roller shutters at day.
    Hottest day of the year in my area according to the radio. :flaming:
    http://www.thelocal.de/20100711/28427

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 7 seconds later... ----------

It will be better tomorrow for me and thursday for you - at least no more deep red but orange temperatures... :cool:

http://www.wetter.de/cms/der-aktuelle-stroemungsfilm-fuer-europa-fuer-5-tage-1921213.html

15. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Same thing here, and i'm not used to these temperatures at all - the fact that the netherlands are low-laying and humid as well doesn't help either. :(

Today has been better though, closer to 25°C then 30°C :rolleyes:

16. Merlanni

Media:
    No problems with the temperature. Reached over 30 Celsius.

Having two weeks off helps ofcourse.

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Greenland sounds good right about now.

18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Don't you live near the coast? It's definitely cooler there. It was 35 here for a couple of days last week, 38 was the highest, I believe. I'm glad I was working normally last week, though. We have AC at work and not at home. On saturday it was bleeding hot as well, but we went to a nearby shopping center where they have AC as well.

In terms of climate, I would prefer Scandinavia. Iceland would be nice, too. The hard part is convincing my girlfriend that the long dark hours in winter and relatively low temperatures in summer are not a big drawback.

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    But that's a huge plus!

...at least for those of us who frequent cold, dark, and dank areas.

20. Merlanni

Media:
    Yes, a healthy bike ride from several beaches. But in general I do not have problems with the heat. I work in a warehouse with a metal sheet roof with no airco. Temps add up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.