1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KotOR - Questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Alavin, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I've completed Knights of the Old Republic a while back, and am in the process of completing it again. There are just some questions I felt I had to ask - mixture of opinions and things I just don't know... This contains spoilers.

1) Who is the portrait middle right in the NPC selection screen? I never found anyone to fill that.

2) Which fight is hardest?

3) Which NPCs are the most/least powerful?

4) Which are the best/worst/most infuriating points of the game?

5) Pazaak - is it worth it? I play it purely for fun, but is it easy to win big?

To answer my own opinion questions for my own thoughts:

2) Korriban - the two terentateks

3) My favourites are that battle droid - HK-something, T4M3 and Mission. My least are Bastila and Canderous.

4) Best - the funny quest on Tatooine, with the man's wife that rigged his droids to nasty effect.
    Worst - Manann, underwater. Not bad in content, but bad because I hate water in games.
    Most infuriating - swoop racing. Especially in Manann. I got 0.05 seconds above the winner, and he said my effort was "not good quality." It made me want to throw things, and I did.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I think you either mean Jolee Bindo or that Jedi girl on Dantooine (the one that killed her master)

Those mandalorians on Dantooine, damn they were a pain in the butt

I only used the droids for the quests, they don't wield lightsabers and have no personal storylines, even that r5 unit from A new Hope was more interesting!

One of my favorite characters was Canderous, because he didn't fight for the brainless fun, but for honor and glory on the battlefield, now there is something to agree with :)

The best planet in the game was Dantooine, the open fields, the manta's flying by, *sigh* I wish I never clicked Exit....

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1- How on earth did you manage to finish the game if you don't even know who's portrait it is in the middle of the character selection menu ? It's Jolee Bindo, a character you meet on the Wookie planet. It's kinda hard to miss him. Is it even possible to finish the quest on that planet without Jolee ?

2- I had the most difficulties in the Starforge, when you are attacked by several dark jedi at the same time. That was only for the first time though, when you know what's coming, you'll be prepared next time. All together there weren't any really tough fights in the game.

3- The jedi characters are the most poweful ones to take along on your trips. I have them all dual wielding lightsabres, there's not much that can stand against that. I hardly ever use the others.

4- Never paid much attention to that, sorry.

5- Pazaak defenitely CAN be worth the trouble, but i never found enough sidedeck cards to ensure me victory whenever i want to. It's still a gamble, and besides, your opponent has a sidedeck too. Especially that guy on Yavin spacestation is hard to beat several times in a row. Too bad, because the wager is 750 Credits when you go up against him. I understand that you can earn some decent items if you beat an opponent 10 times in a row, but i never had the patience to find that out. I bought this game to shoot aliens, not to play cards. :D

4. Alavin

Middle right was the NPC I didn't know - that's to the right of Jolee. I'm assuming that's Junassi, or whatever her name was, from Dantooine. I killed her.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Ah yes.... Juhanni. You killed her ? You must have followed the Dark Side then. :D

6. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I still haven't left Taris but until now I really find Pazaak a great benefit. With the cards that guy in Lower Taris sells you, you can make enough money from Gelrood (or something like that) to last the rest of the game if you had the patience. The problem with that strategie is that you can only wager up to 40 credits against him and sometimes he even wins, but as far as I could see with a good and well-played side-deck I manage to win approximately 3 games out of 4 against him. This is only in the assumption that he plays an unlimited number of games against you. It hasn't been confirmed yet but I'm close to 50 games won against him and he still hasn't stopped playing. I don't have the patience to play me rich so I just play when there is something I want to buy and I don't have the money.

7. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I noticed that that first guy i played paazaak was damn lucky, so i would call it, he always got the right card!!!

But later i noticed that with good deck you can "easily" win, and for better wager, so if you like paazaak, dont stop on first planet, go further :)

2. hardest fight, definitely two terentateks

3. i played light side way, force users by my side, didnt like range weapons at all (small dmg by my oppinion) Bastilla and Jolee were my fav. Lots of "forcecasting"

4. That droid-lady was really fun, but i enjoyed that Romeo-Julia quest more, that last showdown... I had to load several times, just to explore the possibilities: Kill them all, kill them all!
    I also didnt like that 20th level is max.

Last planet, before star forge is the nicest, but only that view from the "lookout" -> probably why they put lookout there...

Didnt like that stupid slow running in water too, but it was really creepy down there, so i liked it...

I dont like good side end, since, i think Malak didnt suffer enough (maybe i should have played dark side), but Bastilla loves me :xx: (i LOVED to tease her before and when she admited...).

Than talking with your temmates is just GREAT!

8. Alavin

With the Bastila love thing, I found that rather annoying - I told her that I did *not* love her, but she still insisted on calling me "her love". Bah, crazy Jedi woman.

9. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

Yeah, and if you tell her that you love her, somethimes she gets angry on the end, and somethimes she says that she loves you too :rolleyes:

[ January 28, 2004, 17:00: Message edited by: ToTaL ]

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Women........ :D

11. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Does anyone know of any mods for KotOR?

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

This one makes your opponents tougher when you reach a certain level.

And this gives you an option to play as a Jedi from the start.

You're probably looking for mods that add new missions to the game, but i haven't encountered any of those. Will post them here whenever i run into one.

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I've played it once on average difficulty, and will always play it on hard for now on.

Hardest fights were some of those on the Starge Forge where Dark Jedi continually came. That's a battle of endurance.

So, I have a question. If you play Dark Side, do you have to kill Juhanni? Or is there a way where Juhanni will join your party as a dark jedi?

Well, my next game I'm playing lightside scoundrel. I love Pazaak.

Favorite mini-quest is Tanis in the desert, trapped by his own droids. That was great.

I really enjoyed the subterfuge on Korriban (being light side but going to the Sith Academy) and the end planet before the Star Forge with the Rakatans.

Least favorite planet all around - Manaan

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The dark side thing to do is just to kill Juhani, you cant get her as a dark jedi :( , I really tried.

You wont notice much difference when playing on hard Big B, you still just slice through every opponent without really getting a scratch. Only way to get killed after Taris in that game is if you really screw up.

15. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

But hey, you dont have to kill Juhani, you can take her (you get some light side points, but dough, i got some dark side points when playing light side only...)

Although, you cant change her back to dark side, making her your own apprentice :evil:

16. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

2) The last one, obviously. Ever tried beating it with a consular pacifist support character with no offensive powers to speak of? With of course no mines or grenades at hand, and no wish to use "run in circles and bug the AI" exploits?

Actually, even a powerful offensive force-user is useless, although they could be very powerful against normal NPC's. Very little thought was put on the last battle, considering the many possible playercharacter types that could've made it there.

I was forced to cheat my way out. It was humorous to see how rediculously easy that fight was with a guardian.

3) I think Jolee Bindo and HK47 are the most powerful, while that security droid and mission are weakest.

4) Best: Discovery of your identity. Manaan. Evil solution to NPC relations. Also, at Korriban when the master and pupil betray eachother and ask you to join, and you can answer something along the lines of "I think I'll just kill you both while I'm at it". Love that line, I needed that after the embarrasment with the elves in BG2 (didn't say enough to spoil).
    Worst: The last battle. Whenever you head to a low-level area with a high-level character and find that a Jedi Master of level 20 can't beat one of the sandpeople in a combat of lightsaber vs tusken raider staff. The latter also goes for most infuriating, I, *HATE*, scaling enemy levels. Not much gain in leveling in this game, like it wasn't in NWN either.

5) Any minigame in any rpg is just useless waste of time to me. Sometimes I try them out of boredom, and I always come to the same conclusion. They've no place in a rpg. They make the game feel like a game, in being nothing but artificial filling for those who don't care about the real plot and immersion of the actual story.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.