1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Back to the wastes... again.

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Abomination, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] I've just downloaded the fan made 1.051 patch for Fallout 2 (fixes alot, adds[reincludes] endings) and I've decided to be goody-two shoes, fix everyone's problem in a peaceful way as possible and kill those who won't go peaceably.

Going to play a negotiator-type build and talk my way out of everything so I'm going to need NPCs that can hold their own very well in a fight... suggestions?

I'm not going to put any stats over 8 since I can get perks and such for upgrades and power armor for strength means I can start off as a weakling.

Tag skills: barter, speech and doctor then as a 4th small guns when I need to contribute a bit to combat via gauss rifle or something.

Traits: gifted and good natured. High intelligence will offset the skill decrease and I plan on taking the skill increasing perk at early stages of the game not to mention rely on books and the like for skill upgrades.

So, suggestions? Comments? What NPCs should I take?

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

NPC's: everyone you can get a hold of. However, Vic is good because he can use a gauss rifle. Sulik is good to with a HPC90, and you can give Marcus the Boozar (be prepared for some reloads though...).

The humans have a bit of an edge over Marcus and the other non-human NPCs, because they can all use the power armor, which is pretty good if you want to keep them alive, especially when dealing with the Enclave or remnants of the masters army.
    I'd say Vic and Sulik are the two best NPCs, followed by Marcus. After that comes Cassidy with a Pancor Jackhammer.

It's probably good if you can contribute to the combat yourself, so either use the Gauss rifle, or some energy weapon.

3. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sulik's got a very good melee presence early on, and you have the option of either letting him stay with melee (Super Sledge kicks ass, even later on) or give him an SMG.

Marcus is pretty useful, although he chews up ammo like no-one's business, thanks to his focus on Big Guns.

Vic is good at Repair, which makes him very handy in places if you haven't tagged it. he gets real good with Small Arms later on, making him real handy in ranged combat.

Cassidy is really good with Small Guns from the start, although he's intolerant of chems, due to his heart condition.

Goris is basically the best close combatant you can get, and saves you money due to the fact that he doesn't have weapons OR armour.

K-9 is basically a souped-up version of Dogmeat from F1. he's very fast, and can attack a lot of times in a round.

Lenny (I think that's what his name is) is a medic, so he can save you using Stimpacks. he's also handy with SMGs.

I usually take Vic and Sulik out of convenience, since they're the first characters you can get, and they stay handy even into the endgame. occasionally I'll drop Vic and pick up Cassidy or Marcus, and I find Goris can be extremely useful, although he tends to get obliterated at the later stages, thanks to the Enclave's love of high-tech weaponry.

For your character, I'd usually recommend against forgoing any combat skills until later, since it makes the early stages much more difficult. I'd recommend dropping Doctor and picking up Small Guns, just so you can actually contribute to a fight. Since it sounds like you're going to have a high Charisma, you'll need a lot of points in barter so you can afford all that gear you'll be buying for your manifold teammates.

4. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I would recommend, in this order:

Cassidy
    Sulik (preferably with a 223 pistol)
    Marcus (energy weapons, not big guns)
    Vic (with rifles or pistols)

If you feel you particularly need a scientist or medic, take Myron or Lenny respectively, but it's not neccessary.

5. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Oh yeah, I forgot about Myron. He can makes chems for you if you give him the right components. he also has Science as his primary skill, so he can do computer-related stuff for you.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

For a moment I thought you meant "Wasteland" from the Atari-era. :p

Why no one has mentioned the farm-wife you can get? I'm sure she is wroth *something.* :D

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Yeah, cannon fodder.

Looks like I'll be grabbing Cassidy, Sulik, Vic and Marcus (with a plasma rifle). Give Sulik a SMG, the best armor I can find and send him in with orders to charge and go burst crazy. Everyone else has single-shot weapons including myself. I might even follow Sulik with meds and such to ensure he stays in top form, pretty much make him my tank.

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, that's probably the best party you can have, fire-power wise. I'd equip Vic and Cassidy with Gauss rifles (although the ammo is hard to come by, you might have to hunt some Enclave soldiers around Navarro), Sulik with a HPC90, and Marcus with a Turbo Plasma rifle (he will be able to fire three times in the end, and it's easier to pick up the loot with a plasma goo than a heap of ash).

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I remembered a perk that allows you to have one more party member. I think I might end up taking the robot from the automated military base also since he can use rilfles as well.

Just wish there was another NPC that could use big guns and energy weapons and wear armor. Maybe somebody who is ex-brotherhood or some-such.

10. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The best party I ever had was:
    Vic and Cassidy with Gauss rifle, Sulik with HP90c or the other one(the submachine gun with uncased ammo), the robot ( but you go trough hell to get him)with another gauss rifle, may be Marcus with turbo plasma rifle(or Lenny, ´cos he can wear power armor).
    By the end of the game, you can get up to 5 party members without any special perk, but you gotta get your fingers around those shinny mirrored eye glasses, get the Charisma upgrade board and buffed with some mentats( Cha:10, but a piece of advice: if you drop any NPC, you gotta buff yourself again in order to pick him up)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.