1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shaengarne dam no wooden planks stuck

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Azimar91, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Azimar91 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello, just destroyed the three wooden poles that hold the dam up. I did not get any wooden planks as i should have, so i cant repair the bridge, which makes me stuck.

I dont know how to open the console either so i can teleport i do as the istruction says but no console.

What should i do? I'm playing on Win8 if it matters.

Best regards

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If I recall correctly, you can enable the console straight from the configuration utility. Then press ctrl+tab while in-game to open the console below the chat window.

I haven't played IWD2 in many years, but if you're still having trouble after that, I can peruse the game files and provide you with a more detailed solution to the problem.

---------- Added 0 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds later... ----------

After a quick inspection, you should have received the wooden planks after dealing with the support beams and getting this message: "The dam has been weakened enough to render it useless."

If that happened, but you didn't receive the planks for some reason, type in this into the console:
    Code:
    ctrlaltdelete:CreateItem("21GenWP")
    That should give you some wooden planks.

You could also do this:
    Code:
    ctrlaltdelete:enablecheatkeys()
    And then use Ctrl+J to teleport your party across, but I can't guarantee that won't cause any further complications in the quest chain.

3. Azimar91 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you for responding!

I am playing the game on the latest version. I downloaded it from GOG.com so it shouldn't have compability issiues with win8.

I've looked everywhere and there is no console option to be found. I've pressed the combination on the keyboard and nothing happens.

I really hate it that the game doesn't work. Just if i could bring up the console!

---------- Added 0 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds later... ----------

fixed

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The console option is kinda glaringly obvious. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.