1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Opening Doors to Next Dungeon

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Nippaditty, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have been to the Dragon east (?) where the evil people / Creatures are posing as peaceful priests of what ever. I have defeated them all Snake/ Lizardmen and Trolls and need to open some doors that need to be opened to go out or to the next Dungeon.
    I need to ask how do I open those doors ( another room that is locked also ). I have five keys. none of them work. Are there other keys I missed ??

2. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I had a similar problem. I would look up a guide that tells you which other key you need and use dale keeper to put them in your inventory.

3. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

Thanks for the help. I'm not familiar with "Dale Keeper" ?.
    What is it and how do I access it.

Once again thanks for the help

4. Vhailor

Dale keeper is a game editor, you can download it through SP, just go through games>icewind dale> editors hacks and tweeks> download

5. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The key you are looking for is Albion's Key, from the priest who greets you when you first enter the level. Do you remember where you killed him?

6. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

[​IMG]
    Good question

Not sure. Does he have it ( the Key ) on him?.
    I'll have to go back and see if I can look for it. After you leave all the
    bodies of Monsters disappear but many times the Artifacts are still there.

Vhadin ,, So I gather I would hack the game to find the key. I'm I understanding
    you right?.

7. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He drops the key when you kill him. The key should still be there.

Dalekeeper is a save file editor. It allows you to do stuff like add items (example: Albion's Key) to a character's inventory.
    Very easy to use.

8. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

Hmmm?? Cool, I'll give that a try also. Thanks for the tips guys.

---------- Added 17 hours, 23 minutes and 20 seconds later... ----------

OK problem solved. I could not find the key no matter where I looked. I scoured that whole level. Actually there were two rooms that were locked. So as I was searching it came to me I had a 7th level Thief ( Dahhh!!! ) and she opened the first Door. Then She opened the next level ( or Room ).

So all is well and I do appreciate all the help. I guess there are more ways to do things in this game. A fun game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  9. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

[​IMG]
    I solved the first issue of unlocking the Doors. Now I think I'm in and I will find the Gem they are looking for. But no,, no Gem. So is there yet and another place to go or a door that leads to yet another area ???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Have you tried just looking at the walkthrough? There's a link on the main forum page, Icewind Dale section -- "check out our IWD online walkthrough" ....

The stairs down are in the lower right portion of the map. The gem is on the fifth level -- after you kill a lot more creatures.

11. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

Thanks Bruno. I'm there ( 5th Level ) right now. Hacking my way through them :D

[Please don't use colours and bolding in every post - colours should only be used rarely and in longer posts for e.g. titles, but not the entire text. Bolding should be used for emphasis only - again, not on the entire text. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  12. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

> [Please don't use colours and bolding in every post - colours should only be used rarely and in longer posts for e.g. titles, but not the entire text. <

OK,, I'll try and remember that. I have eyesight problems and so it is easier for me to see.

But I'm not sure why this is some hard and fast rule ?.

13. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

My first attempt at taking out the little girl with four ( or more ) arms was a disaster. I lost everyone in the party except one Mage. I will try another attempt now that I know what I am up against.

Any clues how to take her out ?. I do know to try and take out her minions as much as possible then take on her.

14. Vhailor

Are you using breach to take out her stoneskin?

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You also need to use the highest "plus" of weapons you have. She is unaffected by +1 and normal weapons (arrows must be +2 even if fired from a +2 bow). "Bless" comes in handy.

16. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

Hmmm?? I have no Idea what "breach". Is it a magic spell or potion ?.

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 55 seconds later... ----------

Ahhhh!!,, that might be the problem. Some of her Minions also can die from regular weapons but a few need the Higher damage weapons also. So a few do have the higher hitting weapons but not all. At this stage in the game how do I find those kind of weapons and get the money for them ?.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Breach is a spell. You should have several +2 weapons by now (and even +2 may not be enough, see below). In Dragon's Eye alone there are quite a few +2 items:

1st level: +2 broadsword
    2nd level: +2 longsword, +2 battle axe
    3rd level: +2 dagger, +2 flail
    4th level: some random drops are +2, the adventurers have some +2 weapons
    5th level: +2 arrows, +2 throwing axe

Conlon sells some good items (but you probably don't have the money for them yet). Speaking of Conlon -- did you go back and talk to him after saving his son? His hammer is useful in this battle. From Dan Simpson's guide:

Focus on Yxunomei with characters that can hurt her. She can also be hurt by some spells (not all).

18. Paracelsi

Media:
    She's a marilith (6-handed female demon). Fought her about a week ago and yep, you need +3 weapons or better to hit her. I don't think Yxunomei casts Stoneskin, which is a good thing because none of my arcane casters had the Breach spell by this point.

It would really help if you could tell us what your party composition is. Certain classes, like druids, are particularly useful in this fight. Some classes should even be able to summon weapons that hit as +3 or better by this part of the game.

Possibly useful advice:

-DO NOT fight her in her room. The place is heavily trapped and her Yuan Ti allies will likely shred your party before your fighters even get the chance to start attacking her properly.

-Before combat, cast as many long-lasting spell protections as you can on your allies (Protection from Evil 10' Radius, Emotion spells).

-Right before you send one of your characters to speak to her, cast HASTE and make sure you get everyone. This spell is crucial for this fight imo. Recast if the duration runs out.

-Right before combat, cast as many Web/Entangle spells on the doorway to Yxunome's room as you can. Have one character talk to Yxunomei and run back as soon as she transforms. This character should have Free Action, which grants him/her immunity to Web/Entangle(you should have several items with Free Action by this point). Note that Free Action also negates Haste - remove the item as soon as the character clears the area of Web/Entangle.
    If you don't have any Free Action items start casting Web/Entangle as soon as combat starts. Have the character you sent to speak with her retreat as soon as dialogue ends - because of Haste he/she should be able to reach your other characters right before your druids/rangers/arcane casters finish casting their Webs/Entangles.

-After you run out of Webs/Entangles, have your druids/arcane casters start nuking Yxunomei and her allies. Start with AoE spells like Fireball, Skull Trap and Spike Growth.

-As soon as you can clearly see Yxunomei have your cleric start casting all of his/her short duration buffs (Defensive Harmony, Bless, etc). You can try saving more powerful spells like Defensive Harmony, Recitation and Prayer for when she finally reaches you (spells like Defensive Harmony have very short casting time, while spells like Recitation can also affect enemies caught in the AoE). Be careful though, in the GoG version Prayer is patched iirc and prevents your cleric from casting any other spell for its duration.

-Yxunomei has very high Magic Resistance, if she resists Web/Entangle and reaches you while your casters are still busy killing her allies have your tankiest character (high AC, high HP) KITE her (ie, fight her while moving in order to cancel her attacks). Do not try holding your ground until your cleric finishes casting all of his/her short-duration combat spells. Yxunomei's THAC0 is pretty good, she easily landed several hits on my main tank who -10 base AC. Once my cleric finished casting all her combat spells though Yxunomei's attacks started to miss a lot more often.
    Once the cleric finishes casting her spells everyone should start focusing on Yxunomei.

-After you run out of AoEs, start using powerful single-target nukes like Magic Missile and Sunscorch on Yxunomei. If you have a druid, Static Charge (if it doesn't get resisted) does massive damage against her. A few lucky castings will kill her outright.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  19. T2Bruno

Media:
    I always just send my best fighter with Conlan's hammer at her while casting spells in support and +2 arrows from Messenger of Sseth. Everyone else attacks her supporting crew. Bless, Haste and Protection from Evil are good to have (as are potions of strength).

20. Nippaditty Gems: 2/31

Thank you guys ( girls ). Most helpful

Before I make contact with her ( where there is this conversation )
    I launch Fire Balls into her chamber. Also use the Skull mines ( don't know the name of them ) plus anything I can to kill her side kicks and reduce them.

Then I make contact with her ( talk to her ) and get out as fast as I can.

I inflict as much as I can when she comes out of the Chamber ( +2 Arrows, etc ) and I try to lure her out into the narrow halls. I have had her down to "Very Badly Hurt" but she is still taking out some of my party.

I have done a different party configuration. All party members are Elves and woman.

Level Character
    7 Ranger
    7 Fighter
    7 Cleric
    7 Mage
    8 Divener
    7 Thief

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.