1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I created my first PnP 3e D&D adventure today!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Bateluer, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, I finally did it. I finally created my first D&D adventure. I'm sure its rather simple compared to some yours, but I had a blast creating it. Took the better part of a day to get the maps, plot, NPCs, monsters, and treasures finalized. And I am sure I will be changing them after its been played a few times.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It's good to hear we have another DM in our ranks. I can't remember the first adventure I made but I do recall making tons over the years. Coming up with a good plot is always the hardest thing. Once you know what you want to do the rest is rather easy. Just remember the first rule of DMing, no matter jow much you plan our PC will always come up with something you did think of. Get ready to changing things on the fly.

What is the expression, The best battle plan never survives contact with the enemy. :)

3. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Con'grads man

For some reason, I only am able to come up with Horror campaigns. I wrote this in depth one about Catholasism, maybe I should rent Stigmata.. I haven't gotten to seen that one yet.

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

My current adventure I'm writing is really exciting. The main plot is kept secret to the PCs until the end. One of the regular PCs and I made the plot, and at the end, he will turn on them. It doesn't seem like much without the rest of the plot but it's really cool and too much to type right now.

5. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

Yeah, I have a character join the party in the beginning to lead the PCs to the dungeon site, but I plan on having him turn on them later on.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Just be careful about having 'new' NPC turn on the party. My experience is that the PC will not trust someone for at least 3 to 4 adventures. The best thing to do is have a NPC join and act normal for a while then once the PCs trust that NPC and let down their guard spring the trap. Just remember this idea only works a few times so save it for the right module. Using PC as part of the plot work well but you need a good role player to have this work. I won't do it with all my PC only the ones who I know can play it up well.

7. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

By the way, Stigmata was a good movie.

I have created lots of adventures in my spare time, but I never play the DM. I just like having them in case I do decide to be a DM sometime. It's really helpful being a player first so you know for the most part how to keep your players wanting more. I've been the DM a few times, but I like being a player much more unless I were to DM a whole campaign instead of a few adventures.

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Well it's important to start somewhere. If you run a few adventures and things are going good than you can expand things into a full campaign. You don't really need the whole world create to have a couple of fun modules. It's more important to get to know your PCs, what they like, and dislike. You want to keep the game fun for both them and you. As things progress you can add more and more the the world - just write it all down. It's urgent to keep things consistant. Make note of people's names and places the PCs visit. Then begin to add them to the world map. Don't get hung up in the big picture at first.

Remember you all there to have fun!

9. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

Thanks for the advice Voltric.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.