1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Legend?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Baldrak, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] At the CD store next to my local supermarket, they always have a large box outside with discount DVD's in it.
    Yesterday I saw the movie Legend starring Tom Cruise and directed by Ridley Scott for 5 Euro. Is this movie worth my money?

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Who cares? Its 5 Euro. Get it, if its bogus, well caveat emptor man. If not, great!

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, the movie was ok. Whether it is worth 5 Euro, well, that depends on how much 5 Euro is.

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, it's nice, but really kitschy ;)

5. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] "Legend" is a very, very sappy movie.

Its more of a children's movie than something that an adult would enjoy.

On the plus side, it is based on mythology. There are unicorns, a daemon, a pixie, goblins, and some (rather annoying) dwarf/elf creatures. I have no idea what the latter are called.

All in all, check when it is on cable and buy yourself a Frappacino. :)

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Get it, it's a fun, kind of silly little flick with Tom Cruise in it BEFORE his "OH LOOK, I'M A MOVIE GOD" phase...

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I really enjoyed it personally. Though, admittedly I was quite young when I saw it, and these days it appeals more for some of the visuals and for Tim Curry's performance as Darkness.

8. JamesT Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For the last fouteen years I have been running a pen and paper D&D campaign. And the group of people I play with always refer to Tim Curry's Demonic character, when describing a dark sinister laugh. Or to paint a picture of a really cool demon. It was a great film, I own it on DVD.

For me it goes in with the other great fantasies of the last generation. Princess Bride, Kull, Conan movies, Dragonslayer, The Dark Crystal. All of these movies I own, and love to revisit them from time to time.

9. Baldrak Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Ok, I'm convinced and I'll get it today (if it's still there) and maybe even watch it right away :)

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Tim Curry's demon in that is awesome! Otherwise, the rest of the movie is a little hokey.

11. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You watch Gladiator and you think that Ridley Scott should direct The Hobbit.

You watch Alien and you think that no one could bring the dragon Smaug to the screen in a more chilling and terrifying way than Mr Scott.

You watch Legend and you realise why no one even suggests he read the book. WTF was he thinking?

12. Baldrak Gems: 12/31

I went to the CD store this afternoon to buy it, but I couldn't find it where I saw it on saturday...
    I bought Deliverance instead together with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, each for 5 Euro. I've seen both movies before, but tonight I won't sleep until I see them again...
    As soon as I'm done here, it's movie time!

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Rent it instead. It'll probably be cheaper, and (IMHO) Legend is one of those movies you've ust got to see, but isn't worth owning.

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, Legend is a little cheesy. But there's been movies even moreso. I'd tell ya' to watch it one time. I dunno if that's worth buying it or not.

It's probably a little bit scarey for the little kids. What with the Devil Chicken and drownings and seductions and hot elf chits...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.