1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just discovered in the last couple of days that this is back on TV here and, in the words of one of my favourite cartoon characters - "I'm as happy as a bag full of wigs"

Fantastic show but unfortunately until now I had only known from partway into Jon Pertwee's run, now I get to see almost every episode! Apparently it's all kind of a lead-up to the good Doctor's 40th anniversary in a week or so.

Anyone else out there a fan? Who was your favourite Doctor?

Not going to count Paul McGann or Peter Cushing because they each only had one appearance.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 8 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Doctor Who (8 votes.)

Who's your favourite Doctor Who from the series? (Choose 1)
    * William Hartnell - 13% (1)
    * Patrick Troughton - 0% (0)
    * Jon Pertwee - 13% (1)
    * Tom Baker - 50% (4)
    * Peter Davison - 13% (1)
    * Colin Baker - 13% (1)
    * Sylvester McCoy - 0% (0)

2. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You will be EXTERMINATED!!!

I liked Tom Baker the best.

3. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Tom Baker, no contest.

I find it strange that there's still such a Doctor Who fanbase out there. I loved it as a kid and the program really did send my little brother scurrying behind the sofa. But looking at it now, it's a bit, well, crap really.

It's still got the best theme music of any show bar none.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Tom Baker was definitely the best Doctor! I remember watching it when I was a kid! I also liked John Pertwee...But Baker was the best!

Plus, that barbarian sidekick chick he had was a hottie! ;) :lol:

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And me? :mommy: I don't even know Docter Who.. Or at least I never saw Docter Who knowing he was Docter Who...

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    And we're surprised that, even at the young age Sir Bel must have been when the Leela episodes were being first aired over here, that he had the hots for her?

Not at all. ;)

I haven't watched Doctor Who regularly in years. It was a wonderful show, but it also sets a new standard for Crappy Special Effects.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I've liked the ladies as long as I can remember... ;)

8. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I don't remember the real name of the Doctor Who but i watched when i was a kid and i liked it a lot. I just remember the fluffy dark hair and that gigantic scarf. :D

9. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31

I'll tell who does need to be exterminated: whoever it was that voted for Colin Baker!

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I thought I'd LOST this poll!!!

Man I must have been having a bad day when I posted this!

But anyway, my fave is probably Peter Davison but only because I started watching sporadically when Jon Pertwee was The Doctor and only saw bits and pieces of his run and Tom Baker's run. The main reason I liked Peter best though was he had that hottie Nyssa as one of his companions and he also had an Australian as well.

11. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31

Are you referring to Tegan? She was from New Zealand. He also had Adric who was a dick. Cutest assistant was Sarah Jane Smith, IMO, yet another reason to express a strong preference for the Pertwee / Baker era. Least favourite assistant was Ace, or Acehole as she was known in my house.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I always thought she was Australian, but then I never really had any reason to double check or any knowledge before as to how to check. Thinking back now though, she did have a Kiwi accent. Anyway, there doesn't really seem to be too much difference to the world at large does there? Which is unfortunate.

And yeah, Adric was a bit of a tosser at times. But he WAS the only companion to ever die on the show - stopping a Cybermen invasion of Earth - and it was rpetty cool how they left the music off during the closing credits of that particular episode.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.