1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The new Fallout

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Harvak, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Harvak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Anyone seen any pics of this yet, or is it in a very early state? I know Bethesda bought the rights...anyone seen anything on it?

[ October 20, 2004, 00:01: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ugh, it looks like it will be godawful. "Morrowind with guns", if you will. It's going to be as bland as Morrowind I bet.

It's based on Bethesda's new Oblivion engine, which looks like this. Because of these graphics, the game will be shorter than expected.

I think that's it for now, they only bought the rights to fallout recently. Hope that helped.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

If it isn't turn based using the SPECIAL system, it ain't fallout. You realise, Rednik, that it's going to be 'BASED' on the Oblivion engine, it isn't actually going to 'USE' the engine. This could mean we still have an isometric (or at least third person view), turn based/real time like Fallout: Tactics but with 3d graphics.

You couldn't make a Fallout RPG with a first person perspective, it would become an Action/RPG then... however the idea of a Fallout FPS would be fun.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Fun for all of the 5 seconds it takes you to remember what Fallout 1&2 are like. Then it'll get right on your nerves. ;)

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Wow, aren't we all optimistic? :)

But based on my experiences with Bethesda (which consists of Daggerfall :p ) it will be a huge world populated by 10,000 copies of 5 people. And not very good.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Daggerfall was awful...ugh...

And, from my previous knowledge of Bethesda's games, the five aformentioned NPC's will be walking search engines, where the player searches for a word, and recieves a poorly-worded paragraph that may or may not contain a quest.

7. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Why be optimistic, it would all be too easy then, we need the cynical opinions to get the points across to those who make what we want.

..but do they ever listen?

Either way the game will suck, as do most sequel's.

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31

This isn't even a sequel. It's not even gonna be more of the same.

This is Morrowind with GUNZ.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.