1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout and Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by T2Bruno, Jun 8, 2005.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yowza!!!

Just got done with my Fallout marathon. Every bit as good as I've heard. Good story line, Baldur's Gate game engine and graphics, interesting NPC's... oh yes AND GUNS. Lots of guns, hand guns, lasers, machine guns and really big machine guns.

In the first game I choose to be a sniper (finesse, more criticals, better criticals, etc. specializing in small guns and energy weapons) -- developed a character who could shoot your eye out. It was a lot of fun doing 250+ points of damage with a critical hit to the eyes using the turbo pulse rifle (at two shots per round). Reach out and touch someone.

Fallout 2 I opted for the more bangs = more buck philosophy (fast shot, better rate of fire, more damage per bullet, living anatomy, etc. specializing in machine guns and big guns). Using a bozar (big machine gun) 'The Chosen One' was doing over 300 points of damage per burst -- with two bursts per round. Body parts flying everywhere -- hoo yaa!

Strongly recommended for those of you who actually like the infinity engine and think the infinity engine + guns = fun. It make for a nice change of pace from casting fireballs and whacking with swords.

[ June 08, 2005, 21:31: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

if only there were a mod where you could use The Nameless One avatar for The Chosen One. Would probably fit with the story too...

actually, IIRC, I was kindof annoyed in that game to get the power armor, and have to use that avatar. I mean, Vic still looked like a fat slob when he wore the power armor, why did The Chosen One have to look like a giant cyborg? Was almost worth it to be much weaker and wear the far cooler black leather...

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yeah the legendary, one sleeve black leather jacket. I always try to keep that one on for as long as possible. I tried to finish the game with it but the supermutants weren't impressend with my good looks :rolleyes:

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I kept the combat leather jacket on even after Vic, Cassidy and Sulik were wearing combat armor....

Took a lot of unnecessary damage for the sake of style.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've been thinking out getting these games for awhile. Now if I could just find some place that sells them (yes, Tal, I checked Amazon.ca, but no luck :( )

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Fallout 2, high Agility, Perception, and Luck. Small Guns, Sniper, and a Gauss Rifle = lots of dead Enclave soldiers. It wasn't even funny haw fast they died. If you also take the Fast Shot, your almost guaranteed critical more then makes up for not being able to aim.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Never did get people's affection for the leather armor. I always went for combat armor myself. Reminds me of some cool anime special forces hero kinda thing.

As for the perks and traits, I don't remember their names anymore. But I usually played 3 character types:

1. A HtH combater, with Bruiser, Action Boy and other such traits & perks to make him hit as hard and as fast as possible... also with the perk that allowed to move more than normally possible (up to 6 action points for moving). This fella would never wear a big bulky Power Armor unless absolutely necessary. He would make do with sub-dermal armor etc.

2. A weapons' expert. Not finesse for the reduced damage (or whatever the deal was with that), but just tagging all the firearms skills save small weapons as you could get books for that. Then just using snipers, big guns, energy weapons and grenades.

3. A science & research & socializing expert. With little or no focus to any form of combat, this one would be the most intelligent, most goodlooking character in the world with supreme knowledge of everything. Using dialogue as a way to do more things than the more violent characters ever could, and using the 5 followers coming from a charisma of 10 to fight when there had to be fighting, this one was always my favorite. Often a pacifist of a sorts who wouldn't kill anything s/he didn't have to.

I've played Fallout 2 through some 15-20 times over the years I believe. And I'd say 50% of those times I did it with the 3:rd type, 30% with the 2:nd type and 20% with the 1:st type. Of course there was always variation, but I always went by those main template ideas.

Ahh... what a legend that game was, and is.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This thread inspired me to start another game of Fallout - and on this computer it even *doesn't crash* every time I save :)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Buy it at Amazon.com (used & new). It only costs a few bucks at this point, and you won't pay that much for shipping to Canada.

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Nothing beats critical hits to the groin with the Super Sledgehammer.

Except maybe a critical hit to the eye with that one gun whose name I can't remember. Excellent death effects.

11. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Hitting kids in the groin with a sledgehammer is fun.

Shooting kids in the groin with a Desert Eagle is fun.

Shooting kids in the groin with a minigun is fun.

you get the idea ;)

Anyways, very good games. I also always use the leather jacket as much as possible. Also, once when I had my eye shot out I didn't heal it just so I could pretend I was running around with an eyepatch. :D

12. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I actually like the regular leather armor better, at least for guys. With a girl, the sooner I get the leather jacket, the better! :D

13. TheMageTeclis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The metal armour looks the coolest in my opinion, and the best weapon has got to be the humble hunting rifle.

14. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Psh. The advanced power armor is the most sylish armor around. You get to be a walking tank. Leather can't touch that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.