1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2014 fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by The Great Snook, Aug 27, 2014.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    With the 2nd pick in my work league I ended up with.

Jamal Charles
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Reggie Bush
    Percy Harvin
    Julian Edelman
    Jordan Cameron
    Danny Woodhead
    Kelvin Benjamin
    Robert Griffin III
    Brian Hartline
    Patriots D.
    Alex Smith
    Stephen Gostkowski
    T. Wright.

I really didn't plan on getting so many Patriots. It just ended up that way

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Looks solid. Charles and Jeffrey should put up big points. Tough decision week to week at QB.

Our draft is on Labor Day. 12 Teams, all owners can keep up to 4 players. I inhereited a defeated team a few years ago with no superstars on it. But since you can keep up to 4 players,(you have to keep at lest 2...) I am keeping Ryan, Morris and Moreno. Most keep 4 players, hopefully this will get me an earlier shot at a better player than anything on last years roster, listed below. If you keep 3 players, you lose your first draft pick. If you keep 4, you lose your 2nd draft pick as well. Hoping this is the bounce back year for Ryan. Was thinking of keeping Big Ben, but with the Steelers top 2 RBs busted with pot receently, not sure about the Dynamic of their offense. Probably will mean more passing, more fumbles and more Ints as they become one dimensional. Aldeth.... where are you?!

Matt RyanQB | ATL Knowshon MorenoRB | MIA Alfred MorrisRB | WAS Keenan AllenWR | SD Anquan BoldinWR | SF Zach ErtzTE | PHI Harry DouglasWR | ATL SteelersDST | PIT Robbie GouldK | CHI Ben RoethlisbergerQB | PIT Brandon PettigrewTE | DET BenJarvus Green-EllisRB | CIN Andre RobertsWR | WAS Steve SmithWR | BAL Ryan SuccopK | KC Jermichael FinleyTE | GB Reggie WayneWR | IND

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, that had to be tough. You have a couple of guys that aren't even the NFL anymore.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In Chicago the press is going on about how the blowout against Seattle wasn't that bad ... THAT'S fantasy.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    So how did it go for everyone this year? In addition to the two leagues I play every year, I got an invite from ESPN to join a national league. The league is more competitive than any I've ever been in. No one is better than 9-4 and no one is worse than 5-8. I'm at 7-6 and need to win this weekend to get in the playoffs (and win the points tie breaker, which is no sure thing).

In the other two leagues (work and friends league) I'm in the playoffs of course.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I ended up in 7th place and just missed the playoffs. My team really underperformed in the early part of the season and even s three game winning streak to end the regular season wasn't enough to salvage it. My best move was dumping my quarterbacks and trading kelvin Benjamin straight up for drew brees. It was the classic buy low sell high trade. I also picked up fleener (te Indianapolis) who has done well lately I just couldn't overcome the early season woes of j. Charles, Cameron, bush, and harvin.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Survived to round two in the two leagues where I made the playoffs (eliminated in the other league).

Has an official body count been released for the number of fantasy teams Peyton Manning axe murdered yesterday?

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

After putting up 106 points this week, my best week f the year!.... it wasn't enough. Up by 8 going into last night's game, my opponent had Jordy Nelson. Jordy killed it. So much for the playoffs. I finished tied for first in my division at a pathetic 6-8. But I lose the tie-breaker as my only 2 division loses were against the guy I was tied with.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Holy heck. Was your division the NFC south? And did the entire other division have winning records?

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oooh, that's just mean . . .

11. Blades of Vanatar

My division...

6-8
    6-8
    5-9
    1-13

The other division in my conference(16 team/2 conference/4 division league)... 8-6 guy didn't make the playoffs.

10-4
    10-4
    9-5
    8-6

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Major props for doing a 16 team league. I've never participated in a league with many teams, but from the slim pickings on the waiver wire in 14 team leagues, it's only that much more barren when you go to 16 teams. It makes yo draft for depth because if someone gets hurt you're majorly hosed.

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I ended up 1 for 2 in making the playoffs. It kills me that I didn't make the playoffs in my work league. Last week was the first round of our playoffs and of course I had the highest score of the week while looking through the window from the outside.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.