1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cannot use a portal

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by myst, Oct 19, 2014.

1. myst Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've just used a CTRL-J shortcut to teleport my team near to the portal that brings us to Underdark but i remembered that i've forgotted something to loot. .. so i've quickly made the quick save shortcut... and loaded it.

Unfortunately, the state of my save tells the game that my team is in the underdark region while my team is still in the same place.

And then ...my team cannot go throught the portal and is quite stuck at SpellHold.

What can i do in order to fix that blocking situation ? Is there any global variable in Shadow Keeper that i can delete or modify for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance :)

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sounds like your attempt at using a cheat code broke some script. You might be screwed and forced to load the autosave or an earlier save.

That is the danger of debugging/cheating tools.

3. myst Gems: 1/31

It was only to gain time and not to avoid some beast, i never use teleport to save my team or other thing so the goal of my shortcut was not even for cheating :/

I've unfortunately already corrupted the autosave and i just hoped that i still can avoid to load the save where i am just at the beginning of the maze :(

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I understand that, I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way. I use it for the same reason, or I use CLUAConsole:CreateItem("POTN14",6) and feed oils of speed to the party when using <CONTROL>-J might cause a problem.

5. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

You could use the "MoveToArea" code using CLUA console and put in the code for the area you want to go to.

6. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

You could take the ship with Saemon, i always do for the experience and wave halbred blade

7. myst Gems: 1/31

Yep i know the code to move but it doesn't give the experience ^^ and it isn't very simple to set XP. It would have been interesting to have an addXP function.

For Saemon ...i have told him some things that ...made him leave this place ^^ so it's too late.

It seems that there is no issue (or no simple manner to workaround) so i finally took my old save game :( But if someone find a solution, i'm still interested ...just for curiosity.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The console can add XP. "SetCurrentXP" is the wording. Highlight all 6 characters before activinag the console and up your XP for all at once.

9. myst Gems: 1/31

I just wanted to say that we cannot add 2000 XP for example, we have to calculate our XP + 2000 and give it to the console... so if we have 10000XP we have to make setCurrentXP(12000). Me, I want to type addXP(2000). You see what I mean ?

10. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I'm pretty sure he still waits for you in the tavern, even if you tell him off

11. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I believe you are correct also I think you could summon him back using the CLUA console and see if that works too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.