1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gibberlings3 downloads down? -edit- Fixed, back up.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by justinperkins1, Dec 6, 2014.

1. justinperkins1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i am wondering if anyone elsewhere on the web could check if they are able to dl say bg2 tweaks v16 off of gibberlings3's site right now. I keep getting a broken looking forums front page from all download link urls. I think they have a glitch in their system and I wanted a second confirmation that it's a bit borked atm. I did dl a bunch of mods from there yesterday but due to newbieism with BWS I accidentally started a reinstall and didn't back up my dl folder, and BWS seems to have wiped it and started fresh. -jp

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yep, they seem to be having some issues. If you can't find a mirrored link, you're gonna have to wait until they deal with the problems.

3. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

You can't go beyond the forum's main page, you can't access the individual sub-forums. Maybe a hacking problem?

4. justinperkins1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yup

well, I will post when I happen to check and it's back. I don't know what else to do to alert anyone able to admin it back to health. If, in the mean time, anyone has the following mod files laying around and wanted to drop them in dropbox or some other public place, that'd make my day! :) here's the list I am looking for

(it's long)

mods I really kinda need(want):

BG2 Tweak Pack: The Mod itself (bg2_tweaks-v16.exe
    BG1 NPC Project: The Mod itself (bg1npc-v20.exe)
    BG2 Fixpack: The Mod itself (bg2fixpack-v10.exe)*
    Level 1 NPCs: The Mod itself (level1npcs-v1.9.exe)
    Sword Coast Stratagems: Additional mods (stratagemsV28 fix V1.4.rar)
    Sword Coast Stratagems: The Mod itself (stratagems-v28.exe)
    Widescreen Mod: The Mod itself (widescreen-v3.06.exe)
    Spell Revisions: The Mod itself (spell_rev-v3.1.exe)

mods I wanted to install but you know, just interested in seeing:

NPC Kitpack: The Mod itself (npckit-v4.exe)
    BG2 Alternate Soundtrack: The Mod itself (AceAltMusic-v1.exe)
    A Mod for the Orderly: The Mod itself (cliffkey-v5.7z)
    Gavin NPC for BG2:ToB: The Mod itself (gavin_tob-20111125.exe)
    Sarah NPC: The Mod itself (sarahtob-v4.exe)
    Wheels of Prophecy: The Mod itself (wheels-v3.exe)
    Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks (Tutu/BGT): The Mod itself (coran_friendship-v3.exe)
    BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters: The Mod itself (win-bgqe_v9.zip)
    Angelo NPC: The Mod itself (Angelo_v5.exe)
    Amber NPC (SoA): The Mod itself (amber-v4.exe)
    Haldamir NPC: The Mod itself (haldamir-v2.exe)
    BG1 NPC Project Music Pack: The Mod itself (bg1npcmusic-v5.exe)
    Kivan and Deheriana Companions: The Mod itself (kivan-v15.exe)
    Gavin NPC: The Mod itself (gavin-v8.exe)
    Alternatives: The Mod itself (alternatives-v10.exe)
    Spell Revisions: The Mod itself (spell_rev-v3.1.exe)
    Romantic Encounters: The Mod itself (RE_v8.exe)
    Auren Aseph NPC: The Mod itself (auren-v9.exe)
    The Stone of Askavar: The Mod itself (tsoaV1_8.zip)

I believe these are all gibberlings 3 hosted and the top list I looked around for other copies avail through google and didn't spot any yet. g3 has been reliable so there hasn't been many people looking for these mods. (old, used to be) rpgdungeon hosted mods on the other hand are here, there. mediafire, dropbox, etc. forum-shares.

anyways.. thanks if anyone happens to have these files laying around and wants to hook 'em up, well, that'd be swell. *8^)

---------- Added 7 hours, 51 minutes and 55 seconds later... ----------

I found a older mirror for g3, among other things. it has v8 tweak and fixpacks.
    http://america.iegmc.net/g3/

note: it does show as an attack site in firefox. I ignored the warning. I suspect it is a false positive, as while googling wildly for other sources for the g3 site mods, I came across quite a few AV scans of the contents of that site. it's likely that some or another security scan found one or two files that could be classified as malware and automatically marked the whole site as a danger site. then again, it might be chock full of bad nasty, ymmv. I have up to date symantec corp av which I know isn't perfect but no AV is and it's been silent while I dig there. due to the warning I scanned the files I downloaded and they seem fine.

---------- Added 8 hours, 12 minutes and 46 seconds later... ----------

FIXED, g3 is back up. wordemup *dances*

-edit- many of the links on each mod's page are still broken currently. but the downloads page and index works. you can get 'em now if you need

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  5. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

They were moving the domain so it was not even an attack:
    "We are moving the g3 domain name to a new host."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.