1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Truth be told, I suck at these games... I find Simon mesmerizing but I won't try it any time soon since I was so focused last time that I almost fried my brains trying to remember all the sounds and colours. :D

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oooo... Atmer is within 22 seconds of toppling my Moon Lander score. Maybe time for old Buzz to climb back in the cockpit tonight :)

3. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Not anymore :p

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice! Topped me by a pretty wide margin too! I like goals to achieve :)

5. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I wonder why I have the strange feeling that, pretty soon, I’m gonna have to land in the moon a few more times… :mommy:

I'm still trying to break your snake record, but I think my snake got dyslexic or something. Go figure it. :shake:

6. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

simon is actually harder on the computer screen. i can memorize the diff sounds as 1,2,3,4 & punch them back in on a simon machine much better than having to move the mouse thumbball around

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I seriously doubt anyone can remember a sequence of 38 without writing them down. :shake:

8. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

by doing sounds its like playing chords on a guitar, if you start to think of it like that it gets to be easier. used to know a guy in school who could bet any of us playing simon & kept his eyes closed the whole time.

edit. HEY! i think i just figured out why that 5th fret button on guitar hero always gives me so much trouble!!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Prepare for my score of 100!

Not that I'd be writing 'em down or anything...

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Well, I had a hard time with my touchpad on my laptop (didn't have my mouse with me) when I started sweating (somewhere around 15) and my fingers didn't move so adequately and I started losing my renowned touch! :D

I think I reached my limits at that game, I got such a headache, I'm not sure I'll try to beat the new record (and I don't believe I couls anyway).

I support Decados, if anybody can do it, I believe he can! ;)

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Buzz is back on top! With that high gravity and high engine impulse at those higher levels, I've found it's harder to take off and not smash into the rock above than it is to just land on the pad...

12. Atmer

Damn you Buzz, :p I knew I’d not wake up being the champ. :nolike:
    I’m gonna give it another try later on, not enough time right now. :tie:

You’re right about the take off; I’ve lost all my lives in my last run by smashing my ship on the above rock. :aww:

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Is that Buzz as in Buzz Aldrin or Buzz Lightyear? :p

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Either would work :D But Aldrin is obviously most appropriate for moon landings :)

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bugger. I'm best at Snakes, but still hopeless at that!!

In fact, I'm not crap, you guys just have too much free time! So there!

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That's the truth, BA. To reclaim his title, 'Buzz' spent almost 50 minutes on that Lander game! His patience with these repetitive games impresses me more than his (admittedly high) skillz.

17. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Heh. True; I possess very high patience. Not only that, but that 50 minutes was just the winning attempt - it takes many more than one try to succeed. :)

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Finally managed to find the time to make an serious attempt to take my rightful top place at Asteroids back. It's annoying that dying once might lead to a nasty chain reaction, especially if one of those little bastard ufo's are anywhere near the center of the screen. :)

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    BTA played Breakout for 1 hour and 39 minutes - cripes!

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yeah, it's almost the same as Space Invaders: Just a grind. Only the additional challenge is the mouse leaves the window sometimes and you lose control of the paddle.

After I originally surpassed Faye's score I stopped being careful and tried to keep as many balls on the screen as possible. Eventually I lost them all instead :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.