1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Merchandise - Check Here for Latest Specials!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] After a long, long wait, here it is: http://www.cafepress.com/sorcerers

Please leave comments, suggestions, questions, etc. in this thread. Huge thanks to Gopher for his exceptional work on designing all this stuff according to my wishes. I hope he'll be able to drop by here to check on the launch (he's been having some problems with Internet access).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dig that thong! :thumb:

3. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

A long wait indeed, but worth it. The stuff looks great. So many items to choose from, I don't know what to get first.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Pretty cool, although I'm a bit disappointed to not see an SP tennis shirt. Also, the clothing looks a little... homogeneous. But pretty cool all the same; I'd get one.

Mad props to Gopher too.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just one quesion: What the hell is that little green thing? :shake:

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yeah... I've never seen that little green goblin before.

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's Gophers alter ego :p Just ordered a Hooded Sweat shirt, Long Sleeve T-shirt and a Calander :) I got me some free shipping out of the deal ;) Tal, can I please have my avatar/portrait now :lol: Bye the way, am I the first to order?

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

[​IMG] I'd never thought I would say this, but that is a cute little goblin. Will it be a some sort of logo, when the new site design comes up? (Something like the green elf on the front page is now).

Some things seem pretty expensive IMHO. Fourteen dollars for a mug, or thirteen dollars for a mousepad. Of course you would have some nice SP merchandise for that money, but even the boxersshort is 15 dollars. I wonder how many people would spend 15 dollars on something they wear under their jeans. But the design itself :thumb: .

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought Death Rabbit was joking! :eek: :jawdrop:

Damn, I wish I hadn't gone to that at school... :doh:

I might convince my mother to let me blow her money on stuff... :evil:

10. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Would that green thingy be a Imp we all know?

As there's the text "Ooooh, Shiny Ones!" in the mousepad. :D

The prices ensured that i will not be buying. :(

And the clothes there would be too small anyway, i guess. :(

And BTW... the green thingy is called "the munchkin" in the page

[ November 12, 2003, 12:32: Message edited by: Taza ]

11. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nice :thumb: but one question though are these the only colours that exist? Not even a little black t-shirt or that fantastic messenger bag in other than yellow? Please someone tell it is not true.
    (Naturally first opportunity given i will buy the bag yellow or not)
    Nice work Gopher :thumb: i always liked that goblin allthough i have it in B&W

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll try to reply to everything in order:

Tennis shirt? How's that different from the golf shirt? There are numerous shirt items, actually all that is available from CafePress in terms of clothing is up now. (Apart from a couple of items which they added only a few days ago.)

The green thing: we call it a munchkin; supposedly he's a sort of goblin. :p (As you can read in the item descriptions.) It's a bit of a parody on powergaming and Drizzt. You know, double-wielding... ;)

Gopher drew it from scratch just for the merch. Consider it the SP mascot now.

Sorvo: Yes, I believe you are the first! Good going! ;)

I forgot to add this: enter the coupon code SHOPNOV15 at checkout when you order and you'll get extra $5 off for orders over $50! See http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/img/shopearly.gif (this image is also displayed above the store title).

The munchkin will probably be somewhere in the new design, but it's not an integral part of it. I realize things are pretty expensive, but that's none of my fault, really. CafePress sets very high base prices on most items, and SP only gets what is above the base price (they gobble up the rest). The SP gain on practically all items is in the range of $1 to $2. CafePress has exceptionally high base prices on the best selling items, like mugs and mousepads, so SP doesn't get more than $2 profit on any of those items, and $1 in most cases.

Taza: you can select the size of every clothing item as you buy, so there's no way it'd be "too small". Sizes go up to 4X-Large.

As far as black items are concerned: this is everyone's biggest complaint about CafePress. They're simply not able to print on anything back at this point. I would definitely make all clothing items black, but that just isn't possible at this point. If CafePress ever starts to offer black clothing items, you can be sure we'll adapt the SP merch ASAP.

As for the messenger bag: I'm disappointed about it too. When we designed the writing on it, they offered both grey and yellow ones. The design that is now on the yellow one was actually meant for the grey one. But, as luck would have it, they simply removed all grey bags a month ago, so yellow is all that's left. If they ever offer more options, I'll look into it.

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

*gasp*
    They have baby clothes! Now my little ones can be properly clothed as SP aficiandos before they even know what the hell that means! JOY! :D

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

SWEETNESS!!!

/me looks around for his credit card.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Damn - And we were hoping to get a photo of you modelling the thong, DJ. ;) Teeeheee!

On an unrelated note, I just ordered the big coffee mug...

16. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey, I've already explicitly laid out my views on thongs.
    Now that *camisole*....

17. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    CafePress must be a bunch of amateurs or tight wads, or both! All you need to print on black is a flash ink base ;) I know this because I used to silk screen concert shirts for a living :p

18. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] At last! It's so satisfying to finally see this thing go live after all the hours/days/weeks of work put into it. Tal has been a patient patient man :)

I'm soooo happy you all like it, it makes it all worthwile :D Anyway, as Tal mentioned, i've been having trouble accessing the internet (there's a thread on my woes here somewhere) so you'll have to wait until you see any more merch.

19. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Perfect timing on the store opening -- just in time for the holidays!!!

Goph -- I'm sorry the stuff didn't get to Tal in time for the opening. I sent it 7 weeks ago....and the only thing we can figure is that it got stuck or held up in customs -- perhaps because of the size and weight of the box. But it really did look great! You did a great job! :D

20. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I killed Kangaxx and all he had was this lousy T-Shirt, suave man. Very suave.

I have to order that mousepad as soon as I get money enough to do it (I'm all out at the moment, saving for David Bowie). Looking good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.