1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Clixby, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So, who's looking forward to this? Bethesda are being dang elusive about the upcoming F3, to the point where the only sign it was still being made was a few posters at E3 with the slogan "Prepare For The Future" and the Fallout 3 logo.
    So, who's looking forward to this? I'm apprehensive but excited; I'm excited because it's FALLOUT 3 and I love the post-apoc genre, but I'm afraid Beth's going to turn it into an Oblivion clone, which really wouldn't do at all.

2. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    As long as fallout 3 is still turn based using an isometric view, I'm going to be a happy camper. If the make it real time or 3d, it just wouldn't be Fallout anymore.

3. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Agreed with the 3D deal, disagree with real time deal.

Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel was pretty good IMO, not F1 or F2, but still worthy of the Fallout name. I prefer Real Time myself, and if they make it like Tactics; where you can choose RT or TB, even better!

I'm in the same state as Clixby, exited and worried at the same time. I liked how Beth made it all 'mysterious', but it better not be a damn Oblivion clone. Although a certain website that is hosted by SP has something of Beth folks mentioning that they understand the need of the Fallout community and their view of a TRUE Fallout 3. Let's see if they bring it, and how long they take >_<

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I don't think we'll get something like Fallout 1&2... It will probably be very nice to watch with 3D and all but I have serious misgivings about the content.

What made Fallout so good was the story, the blend of humour, action and non linearity. Dialogues are an essential element of the Fallout experience. I remember playing this game endlessly and still finding new options and new ways to do things depending on stats, previous actions, or reputation.
    Fallout is one of the only games I know in which you can play a non violent character and finish the game (in F2 you have to kill Horrigan but you don't even have to do it yourself).

Bethesda made Morrowind, a very nice looking game, but it is very limited as far as dialogue options are concerned...
    I don't believe they will make the most of the Fallout franchise and probably they don't intend to. Whatever happens they're going to sell it anyway so why should they bother to please the old fans? It is likely to be real time and 3D... That wouldn't be too bad is they manage to get the story and the dialogues right. Having played Morrowind I can't say I'm confident they are going to achieve that. :(

If they make Fallout 3 look like Morrowind with guns... :rolleyes:

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Are you even sure the game is being produced. Last time I heard anything, they said that they had closed the project.

Anyway ,if they mess this up, I think we should gather all fallout fans and demand a remake or something. The game needs to be in isometric view and at least have the option to be turn based. The game should still have a cool storyline with an explorable map, and be as non-linear as possible. Dialogues should sometimes be serious, and sometimes fun, and some hidden references and stuff would be good too.

6. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I actually e-mailed the site's general questions guys about this a few months back about this, and they said it's still in the pre-production stage, but will probably be going into production in winter of this year.

I agree with everyone else about the isometric view, but it's very unlikely that it's going to happen in the game, quite simply because no games use isometric view anymore, and gaming companies hate to take risks by making something different. Sure, it'll pull in the fans of the original games, but it'll have a hard time appealing to the wider demographic.

What I really hate about the hype around this game is the rabid fans who basically want Fallout 2 all over again. All I really want from F3 is the unique style of Fallout, a non-linear plotline, and a big world to explore.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The only part of this game that I'm looking forward to is the ****storm which happens when they announce it to be a first person epic immersive and innovative game with stunning real time combat, a brilliant AI system which surprises even the developers with its intelligence, and famous celebrities doing the voice acting ... oh, and soil erosion. Don't forget the soil erosion...

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I enjoyed Fallout: Tactics more than Fallout 1 and 2 simply because the combat system was awesome. If they make it 3D it will open up more avenues, more tactical combat and MORE DEATH ANIMATIONS!

It's not Fallout if it isn't 3rd person, isometric be damned. I don't want Fallout 3 to be a FPS type game no matter how pretty they promise to make it.

Fallout's main selling points was the character interaction, dialogue, humor and story. As long as they remain true to those I'll be very happy, however the idea of it being First Person takes away the 'Fallout' feel.

9. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am really looking forward to this. In the meantime, I can replay Fallout 2 in English. I had the german version, of both Fallout 1 and 2, but for some reason the translation of Fallout 2 was extremely bad. Not only did they translate words and terms like "Deathclaw" and "Vault Dweller" which they previously did not translate, but some things were just atrocious. In one dialogue they translated "I'll give you a pointer" literally to "Ich gebe dir einen Punkter", which makes no sense. It should be "Ich gebe dir einen Tip.". Fallout 1 had a much better translation. I did not finish Fallout 2 yet, because it was just too atrocious to read that awful translation. Now I finally have the English versions, and can complete it.

Oh and on a side note, I hope they make some Deathclaw plushies as merchandise. I think I might be alone with that opinion, but I think Deathclaws are awfully cute and huggable. Because they are.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.