1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vic annoys me (Fallout 2)

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Cúchulainn, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

He was using the 10mm Pistol in battle until it ran out of ammo, so he switched to his crappy knife. Later I bought him a ton of 10mm rounds, but he still uses his knife (badly) in combat. What the hell is going on?

[ January 29, 2007, 22:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Stripping him of his combat knife and telling him to use his best weapon (which would be the 10mm) should solve the problem, although he'll still throw the occasional punch.

I rarely picked Vic up because he seemed to enjoy shooting Sulik in the back of the head more than actually hitting his opponent.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Thanks I will give that a try.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I gave him the combat shotgun and just tried to not stand in front of him. Although it's probably too early for you to have that.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Vic can be great just take away knives from his inventory... :grin:
    Experiment. You might be surprised how good he (and Myron) can be with the right weapon.

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Set his combat preference to custom, and tell him only to use range weapons.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I started over again as I had chosen some stupid traits and perks, but when I get Vic (as soon as I can raise enough $'s) I will take your advice.

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I'm curious, what traits and perks did you choose?
    Bear in mind that Fallout 2 is a game in which things can be done in many different ways.

If you enjoy having a bunch of followers with your character start with at least 8 in CHarisma, that will allow you to get your own posse.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

The traits I had chosen were Rapid Shot and Small Frame. I tried a new character without rapid shot and he seems to do a lot more damage with aimed shots.

Does small frame really make a difference in terms of getting hit?

10. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Fast Shot is great especially when stacked with AP-reducing perks down the line. However, I always prefered the debilitating leg shot against a melee character or the nice critical hit to the head, thus knocking that opponent out for the next 3+ rounds of the fight. Fast Shot kills the chance to make precision shots like these, but being able to squeeze in an extra attack or two per round sometimes makes up for it. It all depends on your playstyle.

As for Small Frame, it doesn't affect terms of getting hit aside from the inherent benefits of having one extra agility point.

I'd highly recommend Gifted for any character.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Okay a problem. I got the 'Hydroelectric Magnetosphere' for Geko, but Harold won't accept it, he just mentions he needs it for Geko, and the 'business ghoul' won't take it either because I am a 'tribal'. Did I screw up this quest?

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Geko is a really odd place. You actually need to 'steal' a passkey and convince the repairman inside the plant to fix their own damn generator!

I really think Black Isle screwed up Geko because quite a bit of it makes no sense. If you can't convince the repairman to fix it then you need to fiddle with the computer (and that requires you to steal ANOTHER keycard) and set a robot to a certain series of tasks in order to install it yourself... or tell your party members to wait while you run in, brave the radiation yourself (hint, buy rax-x) and install it manually.

Not a nice quest, doesn't tell you what to do, how to do it and the guy who gives it to you doesn't really care about it even though half his conversation revolves around it.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Cool. So I didn't **** it up after all :D

I am really getting into Fallout now. When I first purchased the Fallout Collection I was very unimpressed as it looked so primitive.

14. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Heresy!

Gecko is a bit strange though, especially if you forget to patch the game, and all the ghouls start shooting at you randomly.

Have you played the first Fallout yet? I really recommend playing that first.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yeah but I stopped playing the first one for 3 reasons:

• The Game keeps crashing every 10 mins
    • Time was running out because I did a lot of travelling
    • My party was massacred by a single supermutant

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.