1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout, I never knew ye....

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Sir Belisarius, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I guess I'm a paladin at heart. The head of the Brotherhood asked me to scout the Western desert, so I found the military base before I went looking for the Master. I still haven't finished, I haven't played since I posted last - I'm hoping to wrap it up tonight. Fun game

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    There are actually three endings in the game (please ignore the spoiler below until you've finished the game).

One for good karma, one for bad karma and one if you join the mutants.

Plus if you don't join the Master's army, you get comments about how your actions and decisions have influenced the world. It makes you feel like your character really matters and can have an influence for good or bad on the world he lives in.

Definitely one of the greatest games ever.

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I think I got the good karma ending...Sort of. I saved the Vault, killed the Master, and got the boot!!! Talk about gratitude!!

Awesome Game!!

Well...On to Fallout 2 :D

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am getting tempted to give it a shot. I tried it once several years ago while I was still playing BG2 and I just couldn't accept the really slow combat system so I quit after my first fight with a few rats. I have since come to the realization that I have missed out but if I felt the game was too old and slow six years ago what won't I feel now?

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It's a good story and a fun system. The turn based combat is a lot slower than most games today, but I liked it. I played a couple hours a night for about 3-4 weeks and had a blast. The graphics are old, but I didn't really notice, it was that fun!

6. Caradhras

Media:
    You realize that you have a slider in the option menu to speed things up. The default setting is way too slow and the highest one makes you feel like you are in th Benny Hill Show but in between (slightly on the fast side) is just perfect.

If you are really concerned about graphics. There are mods that improve the resolution of the game (display) it may help although the game was not meant to run at higher resolutions. The GUI won't quite fit but the map and the graphics will look better.

You can't beat Fallout for the fun factor. I enjoy the turn based system a lot because I don't like havng to click like a frenzied Diablo 1 player every time I want to play a game. I've been playing Fallout 1 and 2 for so long now that I barely think when it comes to that part of the game. Plus there are so many tricks you can pull off if you just try to do things differently.

Belisarius you got the "good" one (ironic isn't it?) I don't think you posted the build you used (skill tags, prefered perks).

You are not limited by combat. It's the best game I know in that respect since you can finish the game with a thief or a diplomat (I played through Fallout 1 and 2 with a non violent character who never used a weapon and I was able to finish both games).

What starting build do you intend to use for Fallout 2?

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Here's my build for F2:

Str: 7 (+1 due to Gifted)
    Per: 7 (+1 due to Gifted)
    End: 5 (+1 due to Gifted)
    Chr: 4 (+1 due to Gifted)
    Int: 10 (+1 due to Gifted)
    Agi: 9 (+1 due to Gifted)
    Lk: 5 (+1 due to Gifted)

I took Gifted and Finesse as level 1 perks, and tagged unarmed, speech and lockpick. I figured living in a remote canyon would have made it hard to learn too much technology, so I'll build that later. I'll let you know how it goes....

8. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    That's a good RPing choice and it makes a lot of sense. This build is rather good and with the very high IN score you'll get enough skill points and won't have to worry about missing dialogue options.

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Thanks - I probably won't start putting skill points into weapons until I'm exposed to them. Really the only piece of technology you get is the VD's PIPBoy, and you don't get it until after the trials. Even healing is peyote snorting, so no reason to know what's out there yet...Plus, it's like 100 years after the first game, so a lot of the old tech may be completely gone...

10. Caradhras

Media:
    80 years in fact. But you're right, there is no satisfying justification for starting with energy weapons or science (unless you consider the possibility of a "relic" but that would really be farfetched).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.